t w e l v e

Chapter: Twelve

Trouble

The excitement from the Yule ball slowly drowned.

The second task was now only days later. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Hailey were in the library. Cedric had told Harry something about taking shower in the Prefect's bathroom along with the egg they got from the first task. At first, he thought Cedric was lying, but later they found out that he wasn't. The second task was to stay in the blake lake for an hour or something like that.

Hermione was pacing around the room trying to figure out what they could do to help Harry. Hailey on the other had passed out. Her head was on Ron's shoulder. Ron too was asleep with his arms holding Hailey. Hermione couldn't help but smile at them . Harry was on another chair, barely awake with his head on a book.

"Oh, this is of no use," Hermione said shutting the book she had in her hand. "Who on earth wants to make their nose hair grow into ringlets?"

"I wouldn't mind." Fred Weasley interrupted, popping out of the blue.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked raising his head to look at them.

"Looking for them," George said pointing at Hailey and Hermione. "McGonagall is looking for them." He looked over at Hailey who was cuddling with his younger brother. He made a mental note to tease him about it.

"Wake up sleeping princess," Fred said shaking Hailey. Her head shot up and she stared at the twins. "McGonagall wants to see you two."

"Why?" Ron asked as his brothers shrugged.

"Dunno. She was looking a bit grim. Wants to have a word with them I suppose." Fred said.

"Do you want me to come?" Ron asked Hailey who stood up from the chair and stretched her arms. She looked over at him and smiled. Fred fake gaged earning a look from the two.

"It's okay. You stay with Harry." Hailey and Hermione then went over to the professor's office. "What do you think she wants to tell us?"

"I think she found out we were helping Harry. You know, we aren't supposed to help the champions." Hermione said as the girl gave her a bare nod. She was still sleepy. She almost tripped herself on the stairs.

When they walked in front of Professor McGonagall's office, it was quiet. They both shared a look of terror.

"May we come in professor?" Hermione asked nervously.

"Ms Granger and Ms Potter, you're just in time," Professor said as she smiled at the duo. Something felt off.

"Are we in trouble professor?"

"Oh no. Of course not." McGonagall said. "You must know about the second task." Both the girls nodded. "A treasure of the champions will be under the water. It's you Ms Potter to your brother and Ms Granger for Mr Krum."

"Oh my god. Hermione is Viktor's treasure?!" Hailey asked. More like squealing. Hermione's face immediately turned red. Professor McGonagall gave her a look. She muttered a small sorry, but she was dancing inside. She shipped it.

"You have to drink this potion, you'll wake up in the water the next morning." She said handing them both the potion.

"Are you sure we're not going to die from suffocation under the water?" Hailey asked. "Professor I have a lot to experience yet. I've never even had a boyfriend."

"Professor Snape made it. And he is an expert in potions Ms Potter."

"Well, I don't quite trust him. No offence Professor. He literally hates my brother. So I think it'll bring him immense joy to see him suffer." She said and for the first time, she heard Professor McGonagall laugh.

"Don't worry. He won't do that."

_______________

"What do you suppose happened?" Ron asked Harry as they were in their dorm. Both of them stared at the ceiling aimlessly.

"Dunno." He said. "Are they in trouble?"

"I can't trust those two," Ron said. "They look like some sweet human beings, but they're scary."

"I know..." Harry said with a sigh. Hermione and Hailey didn't return. They didn't ditch them... Right? Or maybe something happened to them. But they can surely take care of themselves.

"You should go to sleep mate. Tomorrow's a big day." Ron said as Harry nodded.

"Yeah, I suppose." He just hoped they were okay.