n i n e t e e n

Chapter: Nineteen

Mistake

"What the hell are birds so excited about at 5 in the morning?" Hailey muttered as she stirred groaning.

"It's a new dawn. New life Hailey." Hermione said already dressed in her uniform. She had gotten back from patrolling pretty late, how can she not be tired right now? "I suggest you wake up."

Hailey nodded getting up from the bed. Suddenly thoughts of last night came to her making her blush. God how was she going to face Ron at breakfast... Or at the classes? She kissed him. And then ran away. Like things couldn't have messed up any worse.

She put up the hood of her robe in hopes she would not get noticed by Ron. Thankfully she found herself a seat in between Colin and Dean.

"Good morning Hailey," Colin said with a smile.

"Morning Colin. How are you?"

"I'm alright. You?"

"Okay... I guess."

"Morning." Another voice cut in. And it was Ron who once again pushed Colin to seat in between them. Hailey ducked her face even lower in embarrassment. "Hello." No response. "Are you ignoring me?" Nothing. 

"Trouble in paradise?" Ginny asked who was watching the interaction. 

"Bye, I'll be off to class."

And with that Hailey bolted out of the great hall with a toast in her hand.

For the rest of the day she did her best to avoid Ron at all costs. She did feel bad when he kept a seat for her at Herbology class. But she couldn't sit beside him. The day had ended uneventfully. Everything was okay, great actually. They didn't have any interaction. And even better Ron had night patrolling.. Or she thought so. Because she was surprised when she was on the common room sofa and the said boy out of nowhere dropped beside her. 

"Still gonna ignore me?" Ron asked putting a hand over her shoulder.

"Don't you have to patrol?" She asked sitting straight.

 "Nope."

"Oh, I remember Padma has my book. I have to go get it, bye!"

"You've got to be joking," Ron muttered shaking his head before running after her. He was pretty quick to catch up with her. She tried walking faster but Ron caught her wrist pulling her back. 

"One friend of mine suggested that talking out solves a problem." He said. The corridor was empty by that time. Just the two of them. "You can't just kiss me and run away."

"I can. and I will." She muttered trying to push off his hand. But his grip on her hand was tight making it almost impossible for her to move. "Ron let me go."

"Why did you kiss me then?" He asked bluntly.

"It was a... Mistake, I wasn't thinking straight." She said lowering her head. She didn't know why she did it. but she knew it wasn't a mistake. She knew she had feelings for Ron. She just didn't want to accept it. It was so sudden. Something about seeing him getting protective made her realize it.

"Mistake?" He asked quietly almost as if he was asking himself. It made Hailey feel even worse. The look of betrayal on his face. His blue eyes bore into her hazel ones. He reached out to take her hand before looking up at her. "But it didn't feel like that to me."

"Ron..."

"Can you give me one chance to prove you wrong?"

"Huh?"

"Can I kiss you?" Where did he gain this sudden confidence from? Hailey stared at him in surprise as he raised a brow as if asking for permission once again. Did she want him to kiss her? She gave a small nod, all that Ron needed to press his lips against her. His arms wrapped around her waist pulling her closer to him. 

Hailey's hand found its way in his hair, lips moving in sync. It was as if the world around them stopped for a moment. She had never felt anything like this before. But she liked it

"Still a mistake?"

It definetely wasn't.
_________________