s i x t e e n

Chapter: Sixteen

Gryffindor

"Gryffindor is in our blood. James and I were so sure these two would be Gryffindors. There was this one day when we were ready to transfigure them into baby lions." Sirius said as everyone at the dinner table burst into laughter. "Lily was so mad at us."

"Bet they would make cute lions," Fred said.

"I would be the cuter one," Hailey said dramatically flipping her hair.

"Nah, I'm pretty sure it would've been me," Harry said as she rolled her eyes playfully. "Ron, what do you say? Am I not the cuter sibling?"

"Yeah Hails gotta agree with him on this one," Ron said with a laugh. "He would be a baby lion with glasses on."

"Oh my god, the betrayal!" She exclaimed clutching over her chest dramatically before keeping her head on Ginny's shoulder who let out a laugh. "I don't think I can recover from this pain ever." The house was filled with laughs and chatter until Molly announced it was bedtime which resulted in groans from the children. Sirius included.

"No point in whining kids." She said clapping her hands and getting up from the chair she was sitting in. "Up. Up- Sirius no point in giving that look. The kids have to sleep."

"Until next time little lions." The man said as Hailey finally sighed getting up. Hermione, Ginny and Hailey were in one room while Ron and Harry were in the room just beside them.

"Night boys!"

"Night."

___________________

"What about the girl my lord?"

"Kill her too if she gets in the way. Kill anyone who gets in the way!"

Hailey woke up gasping for air. She sat up and kept a hand on her chest feeling her chest rapidly beating. She looked around for a water bottle but found none. After having an internal debate she finally got up to go fetch one.

It was way past midnight. The only sound was the creaking sound of the stairs as she walked down. She tried her best to be quiet and was about to enter the kitchen when she heard a jarring drop followed by someone cussing.

Was it a... A thief who has come to steal everything? Or maybe it was a death eater who came to kidnap them? Hailey's hand immediately went to her pocket- But she of course didn't bring her wand. Of course. She sucked in a deep breath. Should she just make a run or see for herself who it was?

You can do it. You can do it. You're not a coward. You're a bloody Gryffindor.

Sucking in another deep breath, she turned on the lights and-

"Mum I'm so sorry! I was just hungry and-" Ron rumbled but stopped when he noticed who it was. A piece of bread was in his hand as he stared back at her. "Hails?"

"Ron? What the hell are you doing here at this time?"

"I just told you what I was doing here a few seconds back." He replied with a small shrug. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to drink water." She said before taking a glass and pouring herself some water. But all along she could feel Ron's stare. She drank the water in silence before turning towards him. "Are you alright?" She asked raising a brow.

"Uh- Who? Me? I'm totally fine." He answered pretending as if everything was okay.

"You're a bad liar." She said in a sing-y voice as he sighed. "What's on your mind?" She took a step towards him.

"A lot. We have Harry's hearing. Fudge and Percy acting like an arse. Voldemort is on the loose. Death eaters kidnapping you. It's all so... Messed up." He ranted. "Not to mention we have o.w.l this year, which Hermione keeps reminding me every two seconds and..."

"And?" Hailey asked as he sighed.

"I want to do something. And it's stupid."

"Considering the fact that most of the things you do are stupid, how bad is it?"

"First of all, that's rude. Second of all, it's the most stupid thing ever."

"What is it?" 

"Can I hug you?" He blurted out, his face reddening as he looked away. "Please."

"Of course." She muttered wrapping her arms around him. The boy sighed in relief snaking his arms around her waist and keeping his head on her shoulder. "Ronald are you okay?" She asked keeping her hand against his forehead to check whether he had a fever or not. 

"I'm all good Hails. Trust me." He reassured taking her hands and keeping them on his cheeks. "I just missed you. A lot."

This was Hailey's turn to blush. She pulled away her hand and push him off playfully. "You've gotten good with your words."

"I've been reading some muggle book I saw you guys reading." He said leaning against the counter with a sly smile on his face.

"Please no..." She laughed.

"What? I clearly heard you mentioning how you preferred fictional men over real ones." 

"Well... I did..." Hailey trailed off before a smirk tugged at the corner of her lips. "Are you trying to impress me or something?"

"I could be. Who know." Ron smiled getting off and walking towards her making her take a step back in return. He leaned until he was at the same height as her. "Good night Hailey." He pressed his lips against her cheeks and walked off as if nothing happened.

That totally backfired. 

Her hand uncautiously went to the place Ron's lips were just a few seconds ago making her feel like the world spun around her. What in the world... Hailey shook her head and slapped her face lightly drinking another glass of water before heading upstairs to the room.

Ginny was fast asleep, snoring loudly. She was sprawled across the mattress on the floor. Hermione on the other hand was on the bed, on the furthest corner to the wall, curled up in a ball. Hailey quietly lay down putting the blanket over her body as she tried her best not to overthink the situation.

Ron had kissed her cheeks many times before. It was no big deal right? 

Right.

_________________