f o r t y - n i n e

Chapter: Forty-Nine

Strongest People Fall

Dumbledore was dead.

Everything had happened so fast. Hailey vividly remembered sitting in the common room with Ron when Harry had told them he was going to find a Horcrux with Dumbledore. She knew her brother would be safe as long as he was with Dumbledore. He was the strongest wizard ever. Even Voldemort was scared of him. But maybe it didn't take much to take him...

Death eaters coming over to Hogwarts and all the duels were like a blur to her. It felt like everything happened in a snap. She had watched Bill Weasley being attacked. Ginny hexing some death eaters. Hailey herself duelled with a death eater she didn't know about. But it was all too fast.

Hailey, Ron, Tonks, Remus were all in the hospital wing with the rest of the students and teachers when Harry walked in. Relief had washed over her as she went up to hug her brother. Grateful he was safe. But when he informed them Dumbledore was dead, it kinda felt unreal. Hailey wasn't particularly close to the man. But he was a great wizard. And that moment somehow it hit her.

Even the strongest people fall.

She always felt like Dumbledore would be there to save the day. But she was definitely wrong as she was now sitting at his funeral with Ron, Harry, Ginny and Hermione by her side.

"Hey." She heard a voice say. Looking up she saw it was Ron who wrapped an arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to him. "You okay?"

"I... I don't know. It's just... He's gone." Hailey said looking ahead. Her heart ached. She wanted to cry out loud. But not a single tear came out. Beside her Hermione and Ginny were sobbing. Maybe she was too used to losing people unlike them.

Ron said nothing but kissed the side of her head. He knew, for Hailey, actions spoke louder than words.

After the funeral, the four best friends had found themselves sitting in the astronomy tower. Hailey munched on her chocolate frogs while Ron sat beside her ocaissionally taking few cards. She stopped when she got the Dumbledore card. She sighed looking up Harry who was standing by the railing looking in the distance with Hermione beside him. The Horcrux that costed Dumbledore's life on his hand Well, not the real hocroux. Fake one.

Turns out some guy called R. A. B had exchanged it.

"I'm not coming back next year," Harry said still not looking at anyone. "And you guys don't have to come-"

"You really think you're going to find the all the Horcrux without us?" Hermione asked with a small smile playing on her lips.

"He's not a Ravenclaw remember? He's dumb." Hailey said and for the first time in a while, she saw a genuine smile on her brother's face as he looked back at her. "Look at us four. We've been together since the first year. And we're gonna be together till the end."

"Yeah mate. We're all in this together. That's been decided the day we sat in the apartment together." Ron said looking at his best friend who sat down beside Hailey.

"And the day you guys saved me from the troll," Hermione added.

"And the day god decided to put you in the womb with me," Hailey said resting her hand on top of Harry's. Hermione sighed sitting down on the other side of Harry. All of them were looking at the sun setting. Sunsets always looked good, and it looked even better from the astronomy tower.

The orange light radiating from the sun was now slowly disappearing by the darkness. Hailey took a deep breath closing her eyes.

Nothing would ever be the same.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment!! Love you all
........................................................................

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment!! Love you all