f i f t y - f o u r

Chapter; Fifty-Four

I'm Sorry

Ron was one of the groomsmen so he couldn't talk to Hailey until the bride and groom said their vows and I do's. But they did make eye contact when the boy pretend like he was blown away by her making her laugh. Harry who was beside Hailey rolled his eyes but deep down inside, he was happy they were happy.

"You look stunning."

That was the first thing Ron had said when he saw Hailey at the reception where the newlywed couple were having their first dance. She had her strawberry blonde hair in a messy bun, few strands falling right over her glasses. She had worn a red strapless dress that ended a few inches after her knees. For the first time, she went for a pretty bold makeup look. She had worn red wine lipstick with bold foxy eyeliner. And to pair it all off, she wore a simple earring and red stilettos.

Hailey and Ron knew each other for years, but he had never seen her look like this. She always looked pretty. But he had never seen her look so fierce. Even on the Yule Ball, she looked like a girl, but today she looked like a woman.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Hailey said with a nervous grin.

"No... I mean I have to say this... You look good. Like really good. You always do. But today you look... Hot." The boy rambled making her go redder than her hair.

"Please stop." She blushed burying her face in his shoulder.

"What? I'm just completing my girlfriend. Am I not allowed to do that? Besides, I'm just stating facts." Ron smiled kissing her bare shoulder making her giggle. This boy somehow managed to hype her up every single time. Even when she would be wearing an oversized sweater and sweatpants and he would still say she looked pretty.

"God you two make me sic-"

"Shut up George." Both of them said simultaneously looking at the boy with a death glare.

"Hey hey I'm only joking. No need to be rude." He said putting his hand up surrender. "Jeez..." He laughed. "Gonna introduce your pretty little girlfriend to Muriel? She's been dying to meet the girl who fought."

"Well, might as well introduce them," Ron said with a shrug.

"Whose Muriel?" Hailey asked as he put an arm on her lower back leading her. He pointed at a white haired woman who was walking by angrily muttering- More like judging everyone she walked by. "Oh hell no. I'm not talking to any woman like that."

"Oh c'mon love. It's my great aunt. She's a bloody nightmare. But she'll kill me if I don't introduce you to her. Saw on the papers about us. Have owled me at least five times asking about you." Ron said as she tried to protest.

"But look at her." She whisper shouted as the woman was talking to someone about how ugly the Lovegood's dresses were. "She's going to judge the shit out of me."

"You're Hailey Potter. The prettiest person in this room. She can't say anything bad about you. So chill."

"Please don't make me do th-"

"Hey, aunt Muriel!" Ron exclaimed making her groan.

"Bloody hell... I thought the newspaper was lying." The elder woman muttered as she eyes her up and down almost like she didn't believe her eyes. Hailey awkwardly waved at her not knowing what to do. "I'm Muriel, Ronald's great aunt. It's so good to meet you honey."

"It's so good to meet you too... Ron's told me loads about you."

"All the good things I hope."

"Absolutely." She lied looking at the boy who tried his best not to laugh out loud.