Chapter 19: "Don't... Come... Home."

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't planning on still being here

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't planning on still being here. I was hoping to have escaped.

Well, that backfired.

Not only that, but I forgot the easiest step in hacking and got myself discovered. I forgot to delete my presence in the back routes so I ended up leaving my presence all over the internet.

Stupid girl.

I was happy that my acquaintance had received the location. Pretty useless at this point, because I have no idea where I am. At least he knows that I'm in Russia.

I looked around the room, everyone was just staring at me. Dmitry and Boris were having some sort of silent conversation about who knows what.

They had asked me about who I had sent it to. Even if I had wanted to tell them which I definitely did not. I was sworn to secrecy, I could never tell anyone who I was involved in. Unless absolutely necessary.

"So, how did this person threaten you?" I asked. I am hoping that it's in the form of an email, because then there might be a secret message within the threat.

"They sent us an anonymous email." I mentally smiled. If I could just get my hands on that email I might be able to decipher a message. Yes, because they are just going to read you the email if you ask.

Watch and learn brain.

"Hey, could I maybe possibly see the email?" Maxim narrows his eyes at me. What's his problem? I've been nothing but nice to him.

"Well, we are not handing you the phone, we have learnt from our previous mistake," Sasha glared at me. "Alexei, read out the email." Well it's better than nothing I guess.

"'I know where Aliona is, and I will come for her. If you don't cooperate, I will destroy you and yours. I will destroy your home. Don't test my patience'." I rolled my eyes, he was always the one for dramatics. Could he have been any more secretive? Where is the damn message?

Alexei added, "There is a list of numbers in the end ; 1.1, 4.9, 2.5 ." My eyes widened, he gave a code. I frowned as I tried to decipher in my mind.

No, wait, that doesn't make any sense. Let me try another way.

1.1, 4.9, 2.5 ... Don't... Come... Home.

Don't come home. Don't come home? What the fuck did he mean? I thought he was supposed to rescue me!

How was this supposed to help me? Was he trying to tell me not to trust my parents?

"What do those numbers mean Aliona?" Boris asked as he stalked closer to me. It's at moments like these that I wish I could run.

"I have no idea." I lied blatantly through my teeth. He glared at me. "If I had any idea, wouldn't I be jumping in joy?" Instead I am even more confused than I was a minute ago.