Chapter 14: "You'll be staying here from now on."

"Are you fucking insane, I am not bringing her to my family house, not in a million years

"Are you fucking insane, I am not bringing her to my family house, not in a million years." I walked towards the door. I was not surprised about his reaction; in fact, I was expecting it. He hasn't visited that house since after the accident.

"Look Ivanov, you can either go to your house and keep your team safe, or you can be ambushed at the gang house, it's your choice." I turned to glare at him for a second before opening the door to see Aliona sitting on the floor examining her nails, not noticing us at all. The man I had assigned to guard her looked scared shitless, if I had to take a guess, I'd say she said something to him. Considering what I'd heard about her track record I was surprised she hadn't run off, but I guess she had her own motives for staying.

I again turned to Boris; this is not how captives usually behave, what's up this Saunders girl? However, he was still throwing a fit.

Boris is smart but not as quick as his father was. His father and I were best friends, even though he was a cop. What Boris doesn't and will never know was that his father was actually a mafia man, but worked as a detective so that he could keep our mafia business off the books. He will realise what's best for him eventually, but until then, I'm going to have to buy a new set of earplugs.

I looked over at the girl.

Aliona Saunders. When Boris told me she looked like Katerine, I didn't believe him. But seeing her, it's like getting a blast from the past. The resemblance is bizarre. Mainly the eyes, those eyes were very striking and hard to forget. Other than that, Aliona was more tanned than Katerine, and her hair was much paler, almost silver, whereas Katerine had golden hair with strands of silver. I can see why Boris couldn't bring himself to kill her, staring at the eyes of your dead girlfriend's on the body of your enemy, I couldn't imagine what he was going through.

"Слушай, Ivanov, если ты беспокоишься о том, что она найдет нас там, где твой дом, просто завяжи ей глаза снова." (Listen, Ivanov, if you're worried about her finding out where your home is, just blindfold her again.) Boris nodded, out of the corner of my eyes I saw Aliona roll her eyes, noticing our presence. Does she speak Russian? That would be interesting indeed.

"Do you speak Russian, Saunders?" I asked, looking directly at her. I swear I saw a flash of alarm on her face before she covered it with her blank look. I thought she would be cowering in fear in front of me. All of my men, including Boris and Dmitry, were terrified of me. Apparently, I was 'unhinged'.

Aliona was not afraid, or at least didn't show any fear. It was quite refreshing. She was a firecracker and by the looks of her face and leg, she had resisted Boris and his team quite fiercely. And by the looks of the picture that was sent to me today, she has yet to give in. I respect that courage.

But it doesn't change the fact that she is the daughter of two murderers, and not to be trusted.

"No she doesn't, she just doesn't like when we speak a different language in front of her." She scoffed and muttered something under her breath.