Chapter 28: "Flirt"

When I got home from the warehouse, I was expecting chaos

There was chaos. Just not the chaos I was expecting.

"Eat my dust, Ivanov!" I heard Aliona yell from the living room. Dmitry who had come in behind me shared an alarmed look with me before sprinting off to the living room. I followed soon after.

God what were we thinking leaving them home alone for hours?!

We came to a halt behind the sofa and saw the most peculiar site.

Boris was playing Mario Kart.

With Aliona.

"Watch out for that blue shell, Ali." Boris said with mirth. Ali?

"Hey, he stole my nickname!" Dmitry whined to me, not very quietly I might add. Both Boris and Aliona jumped about five feet into the air and turned around simultaneously to look at us.

Behind them, on the screen, Boris' car went off Rainbow Road, and Aliona's car got blown up by a blue shell.

"Ah, fuck." Aliona swore and quickly paused the game. "Hey guys." She waved awkwardly, tucking a hair behind her ear.

"How was the warehouse?" Boris asked, his ears slightly red. Aw how cute, they act like teenagers who've been caught sneaking out.

"You know the usual," If the usual meant, a brawl between Sasha and Dmitry and our men being hungover as fuck. Then yes it was completely normal.

"Where are the others?" Aliona inquired, pushing up from the sofa and crutching on over to us.

"Well... Sasha and Dmitry needed a minute apart, so him, Alexei and Maxim have gone to the bar." I said cautiously. Dmitry and Sasha hadn't fought in a long time, and it had been because of Aliona.

Sasha was being his usually paranoid self, as he should be as future don. So he thought Aliona was just playing the innocent girl card, when she was actually the enemy. I was not of the same opinion, but with our history I couldn't blame Sasha for being cautious.

Dmitry was a lot more vocal about his opinions. It resulted in a full blown screaming match and then a few punches. As usual, Dmitry won. Dmitry was usually a bit more reserved about his views, but for some reason when it came to Aliona, he couldn't bear the thought of her not being sincere.

I asked him about it on the way home. He said he saw a piece of past him in her. The past that almost killed him Dmitry felt drawn to her because he believes that they've shared similar experiences in their life, and considering Katerine's past, they have.

I could not tell Dmitry about Aliona being Katerine. The short period they had known each other they became really close, and the car crash hurt him too. Plus he had a big mouth and would end up blabbing to someone.

"I hope it's nothing too serious," Aliona said with a concerned look at Dmitry. He grimaced but waved a hand.

"We'll figure it out tomorrow. The boys will get drunk, probably bring girls home and then Sasha and I will reconcile over morning coffee." I winced at his implication that the boys were that casual with girls. To be fair it was only really Alexei, but he was a whole other issue.

"Typical men," Aliona scoffed good naturedly.

Boris rolled his eyes, but gave me a look that said that we would be talking about this argument more later. He then looked at Aliona with a smirk, "Hey, we still have to finish this game."

"So desperate to lose, Ivanov." Aliona smirked and hobbled back over to the couch to pick up the controller.

"More like I want to continue our conversation from earlier." He grinned and winked. Fucking winked at her.

"You have to win first." Dmitry and I stood in shocked silence, just watching the two banter.

Correction.

Flirt.

Dmitry looked at me, his eyes wide in shock.

"Game on, Ali."

If I could, I would jump up and down, clapping like a schoolgirl.