Chapter 12: "Who do you think you are?"

"What is she doing out of her room?"

I was just in the hallway delaying going to talk to Natasha, because apparently she was angry at me for hitting Aliona, even though she deserved all of it. That woman is scary when she is angry. I was about to gather up the courage when I saw Aliona and Dmitry walking out of the med bay.

I push myself off the wall and walk towards the pair. My best friend and my prisoner who were looking mighty comfortable with each other. Aliona goes to speak but I stop her before she can even get a word out.

"I didn't ask you." I see Aliona stiffen up and the grip on her crutches tighten. I turn my head and look at Dmitry, of all people I didn't think my best friend would disobey orders.

"Я не люблю повторяться, Дмитрий, поэтому ответь на долбанный вопрос. Ты можешь быть моим лучшим другом, но не думай, что можешь не подчиняться приказам." (I do not like to repeat myself Dmitry, so answer the fucking question. You may be my best friend but don't presume you can disobey orders).

"Клянусь, я не знала, что ей не разрешают выходить из комнаты, все, что она хотела, это вернуть телефон Наташи и получить костыли." (I swear I didn't know that she was not allowed to leave the room, all she wanted was to return Natasha's phone and get crutches). I narrow my eyes Aliona. Why did she have Natasha's phone?

Before I can ask her why she had the phone, Dmitry adds, "Наташа посмотрела в телефон, и ничего не подделали." (Natasha looked through the phone, and nothing had been tampered with). I have my doubts but if nothing was amiss I'd leave it for now.

"Can you two stop talking like I am not in the room?" Aliona interrupts, apparently sick of me and Dmitry talking about her in a different language as if she weren't there.

"Dmitry."

"Yes boss?"

"Get away."

His eyes went wide as he opened his mouth to argue but one look from me shut him up. He nodded and went outside, but kept a fraction of the door open.

I turned to look at Aliona; the fear she had in her eyes a second ago was replaced by a fierce anger. I silently walked over to her, my eyes trained on her. I stopped when I was standing directly in front of her; she had to tilt her head to look at me.

"Who do you think you are?" I asked with a cold voice.

My heart beat was dramatically speeding up

My heart beat was dramatically speeding up. Boris sent Dmitry away, the only person I could trust even a little bit. As the door shut behind Dmitry, Boris looked at me with dark anger swimming in his eyes. The aura of the room became suffocating but I had to stand my ground. He came to stand in front of me and in the coldest voice I have ever heard, said, "Who do you think you are?"

I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off as his eyes hardened. "I will tell you who you are. You are nothing but a daughter of two murderers who brutally kill people, then blame it on innocent people. Who knows, maybe you are exactly like them."

All the breath left my lungs in a whoosh. What is he talking about? As he spoke every word, my eyes got larger and larger and the fire in them burned brighter and brighter.

I was about to speak again to deny that but he cut me off, again. "You are a part of a mafia, their mafia. You help them kill more and more people. Day," he gritted out words in anger. I shook my head in denial as tears burned behind my eyelids. He bent his head to look directly into my eyes and he spoke.

"Why deny a fact? Weren't you the one who hid your info for the flight? Did you not help your parents get information about their next victims?" Mom and dad used to ask me to do background checks of their clients; what the hell is he talking about? Victims?!

"Saunders are the assassins of our rival mafia, and I know for a fact that they don't have any technical help at their beck and call. Which is why we were surprised at how quickly they were making each of their moves. You helped them, didn't you?"

"I didn't kn--"

"I'll tell you what you are: You are nothing but gum on the bottom of my shoe, a nuisance. A killer. Your only purpose in life is to be used as bait so I can murder your parents, you scum--"

I have had enough. This man, this man, who I didn't even know existed, is claiming that I am a murderer even though he is the one who fucking hijacked a plane and kidnapped me!

I have had enough.

So I slapped him.

Hard.

His face turned on the impact, his cheek turning slightly red. His eyes turned to me in shock but before he could speak, I cut him off. "Listen here you bastard, and listen clearly; I am not your or my parents puppet, and I am certainly not a killer. Who the fuck are you to say all those things about me? And yes, maybe my parents are guilty but that certainly does not mean that I am guilty too, you jackass."

I took a deep breath, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"You have no right to take me away from my life with no explanation and then talk about me as if I am not there, in a different language at that. And stop being a hypocrite, even if I was a murderer which I'm most definitely not, you are just as guilty as being a murderer and a kidnapper, so don't talk to me about being a killer before looking at yourself first." His eyes widened in disbelief and surprise.

I was still burning in anger. I raised my crutch under my right arm with all force I could muster and hit him where the sun doesn't shine. "Go fuck yourself, Boris."

With tears in my eyes, I hobbled away to my room and locked myself inside.

What is happening? My life made sense just two days ago: I was to attend my military school so that I could become what I wanted; I was loved by my seemingly flawless parents. It was simple; easy.

Now, I am stuck in a stranger's house, as a victim of a kidnapping, with bruises all over my body, adding to ones I had before, and that fucking stranger is telling me that my parents are assassins of a mafia whom I helped, not to mention that this stranger is also a part of the mafia. So now, I will be used as a bait to lure them towards their end.

I leaned against the door and slid down, ignoring the pain in my muscles, as fresh tears rushed down my bruised cheeks. What is happening to my life? Why?