Chapter 30: "Good Morning?"

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed, with an unusual weight on my right arm

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed, with an unusual weight on my right arm. I blinked as my surroundings came into view.

Light grey walls...

My eyes widened as I realized who's room I was in.

Katerine's.

Technically Aliona's now.

Why can't I feel my right arm?

I looked around sleepily trying to find the source of the weight on my arm. A blonde haired ball was laying against my arm, head against my chest. The only sign of life was the faint movement of her chest moving up and down.

Aliona.

I went through the events of last night, waking her up from a nightmare, us talking, exchanging thoughts, and I guess I never made it back to my room. We must have fallen asleep at some point.

You're a dumbass, Ivanov.

I tried not to panic as this girl slept on me. How did I let this happen? We're too close, I've let it go too far.

Funny thing is I realized I don't really care.

I still barely know this girl but there's something about her. She's intelligent, cunning and an absolute pain in my ass. Yet she still makes me feel emotions... emotions that I haven't felt in a long time, even if one of them is utter aggravation.

I looked down at the sleeping beauty and was startled to see wide blue eyes staring back at me.

"Good morning?" I said, more of a question than a statement. She blinked at me for a few seconds before trying to scramble away from me. She went to the bottom corner of the bed, wrapping her arms around her legs. Similar to what she had done last night when I woke her up.

"It's okay, it's just me." I soothed gently. I didn't know if it was waking up with a "strange" man early in the morning or waking up with me that had her all freaked out. She stared at me with a confused frown.

"I--uh-how?" She gestured between us two, her voice groggy with sleep. Her blonde hair was in a messy bun that was hanging droopily from the side of her head. Her eyes were red rimmed from sleep and she had dark circles under her eyes.

Is she sleeping enough?

"I think we fell asleep while we were talking last night," I explained as I watched her shoulders relax and her frown disappear.

"Well, I'm sorry for sleeping on you." She said with an awkward laugh. "I didn't mean to fall asleep but I guess I was really tired." She got up from the bed and hobbled over to her crutches. She's kind of cute when she does that.

"It's honestly fine, you were obviously exhausted," I smiled reassuringly, before putting a hand behind my head as I watched her hobble around with a small smirk on my face.