girly's wards.

-NARRATOR'S POV-

She hadn't apparated in ages. She only done so in emergencies, which was what this was.

To her, the house looked untouched from the outside, but the tearing, smashing of items accompanied with growls and masculine screams of frustration grew louder as her feet warily carried her to the front door. The knob was cold against her hand as she pushed her way in, seeing that the entryway was tattered. The sideboard was on it's side, missing a leg. The coat rack was empty, the coats it held strewn on the floor.

She entered further into her own house, hearing strong footsteps on the ceiling above, in one of the bedrooms. Wand at the ready, she waited at the stairs. She knew he knows somebody is here, and from the sounds of it, he's moving towards the staircase. 

Her point was proven. He stood at the top, her at the bottom. His wand was also in his hand, and his eyes contained a look of complete hysteria.

Amycus.

"So, they were Girly's wards, were they?" he seethed, the ever familiar feeling of fear roused in her gut as he slowly made his way down the staircase, "Never thought you'd be so capable. What, with your Girly brain," his voice had a deathly tone in it, something she was far too accustomed to, but scared her nonetheless. He was always the sexist type, but fired his comments at her ruthlessly.

"Amycus-" she started, quickly interrupted.

"You know that's now way to address me. Anyways, we aren't here for banter, are we, sweetheart?" he towered over her, looking her down, "Where is she?" after his pause, he continued walking, inclining her to walk backwards, until she hit the wall, that is.

His hand shot to her throat, quickly applying pressure. His features remained taunting and dangerous, and he brought his mouth to her ear.

"WHERE IS SHE?" he bellowed, making her whine as his grip on her thin neck tightened.

"I don't know," she choked out, but it didn't seem to satisfy him. His grip relented and she slid down the wall, catching her breath. But not for long.

"CRUCIO!" Amycus screamed, turning her blood to bleach against every tissue, every cell in her body. Cold and warm combined under the curse, as all she could feel was her dreadful mortality and the whim of death.

He relented again, her sobs filling the room. It wasn't a new occurrence, but she could never get used to the curse.

"I don't know where she is, I don't know where she is," she repeated, weeping.

"Well then, you can help me look, Girly," he said, grabbing her shirt to pull her up, "Why won't the office upstairs open?" he asked, sticking his wand to her neck. Audrey had decided that putting hers up her sleeve was the best way to avoid him confiscating it.

"It's my father's office," she blurted, surprising herself when it was audible, seeing as she was being dragged up the stairs, to said office. Apart from the foyer, everything seemed untouched in the house; perfectly cleaned, courtesy of the elves.

They neared the office, his fist still around her collar and his wand now poking into her side. He kept walking them there, nearly stumbling when he stepped on her feet, cursing and hurling insults as he did so.

His grip loosened ever so suddenly, his fist pushing her to the floor in front of the familiar office door. That damn door.

"Open it, Girly. I know she's in there," he demanded, signalling to the doorknob.

"I-.. I can't. I don't know what he's put on it. I've neve-" she was interrupted by a pop of apparition.

"It's my day off, Amycus. Searching for my missing sister wasn't on my fucking list of things to do," Barty's rough voice said from behind them.

Amycus exhaled roughly through is nose, then proceeded to turn us around to face him. Barty's eyes Audrey's, a stern look on his face, but worry in his eyes.

"She came here on her own accord. She was just helping me find that retched elf, weren't you, Girly?" he breathed in her ear, making her whimper a little, his grip now changing to strangle her wrist. "It's in here, you know. That little troglodyte is here, Barty. Girly's been hiding her!" he seethed at him. Barty's inner confliction was ignited when he spotted a cruciatus burn on her neck, then another on her arm. He watched as she shook like a leaf, taking note of the fear behind her eyes.

"Get off her," he demanded, calmly but seriously. In a split-second, her wrist was let go of, and the back of her leg was kicked, sending her to the ground. "Leave."

"Oh, is Barty under the weather? Would've thought you'd be up for revenge on that-"

"Just stop!" 

Audrey didn't know what came over her to say it, what with her very compromised position and all, but it was cried out nonetheless. Now, there was nothing she could really do.

"YOU DARE SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN GIRL AND I'LL KILL YOU ON THE FUCKING SPOT," Amycus bellowed, her fear spurring him on, "know your place, insolent bitch!" he spat, belittling her.

"No harm will come to the master's daughter," a frail, familiar voice came from the end of the hallway.

"Oh, it speaks! I'll hear it cry! Good joy, right Bart?" Amycus's voice seeped with venom, and Audrey caught the elf's eye. Before Audrey could protest, comment or even stand, it was too late. 

"SectumSempra!"