hold on, darling.

Draco watched her skim a stone over the river, his body warming when she squealed at the five jumps the stone made. He, himself was going backwards and forwards on the swing hanging from the tree next to the river, not going too high so that she was still in his sights. They'd been speaking of all things they felt they needed to since dinner. Speaking of dinner, he was fully satisfied, filled to the brim with the orgasmic food he'd been given not an hour ago. After the soup, a steak came his way, followed by cheesecake. He was absolutely and completely content in that area.

"So, I'm not saying that you shouldn't have, but why did you believe me so quickly?"

He needed to know. He certainly wouldn't have believed a word he said if he were her.

"I was told not to tell you, but Astoria told me," she said, turning to sit against the tree.

"Astoria told you what?" he asked, skidding his feet under him, slowing to a stop.

"The truth. She was put on a potion as well. I was with Rose when she told me, and Rose believed her, so I didn't have a reason not to. That's why I didn't owl my apology after I'd written it," she reasoned, watching him approach and sit on the grass opposite her. Before they'd came out, Draco cast warming charms on their clothes to beat the January chill, and was pleasantly surprised when the ground beneath them was completely dry.

"She never told me she was put on something as well. I wouldn't have slated her as much," he smirked, and she shook her head, rolling her eyes.

"She begged for my forgiveness. We'd been friends for a long time, but Daphne never liked me. I used to go to theirs for a week before going to Amycus's in summer. But he found out that the summer holidays are seven weeks, not six and I had a lot of explaining to do," she smiled.

"Those three are strange, wouldn't you say? Astoria is so quiet, but Daphne and Rose aren't. Daphne's all about the blood supremacy shit and the other two aren't arsed.  Daphne and Rose look different to Astoria. And Rose doesn't even attend the same school as the other two. Why?"

Draco had thought on this once before. Why was Rose sent away? Why did Astoria have blonde hair, while the other two had dark brown? 

"Rose and Daphne are twins, but they never got along. Like at all. Daphne tried to push Rose from her balcony once, so their Dad, Phillip, sent Rose to the French school and Daphne to Hogwarts. Astoria went to Hogwarts because she was closer to Daphne growing up, because Rose started at Beauxbatons two years before Daphne started at Hogwarts. They look different because Astoria has a blood curse. Don't ask me about it, I have zero fucking clue."

That certainly answered his questions.

"Hold on, darling. She tried to push her off the fucking balcony?"

"Yeah, there's proof and everything! Astoria was playing about with a camera while it happened and snapped a moving image. Daphne wanted it burned, but her Father has it somewhere. She tried to push her out on their ninth birthday because she told Astoria that she could have hers and Daphne's old rollerblades," she explained, emphasising the points which proved that Daphne Greengrass was, indeed a psycho.

"Fuck me, she never bloody told us that. All we ever heard from her about her family was her 'fucked up sister and her pathetic little friend'," he quoted, laughing along with her at the anectode.

"Pathetic little friend. I'll remember that when she's choking at the dinner table and nobody knows a releasing charm," she laughed, then calmed to ask him a question. "Do you think they'll make fun of me? Because my dad's.... well, you know."

"I wouldn't say so. Anyone who does," he brought up his hand and made a fist, smirking, "will have to deal with me."

"Oh, what will you do? Tell your Father?" she teased, making him glare, then throwing a fake punch to her cheek, making a 'bosh' noise when his fist softly came into her cheek, making her laugh.