no lies.

THREE HOURS EARLIER

-AUDREY-

"Where's Hermione?" Ron asked, as I came to sit with him for breakfast. He was sat alone, presumably waiting for Hermione. She's been moaning to me for 3 days about Ron's sudden vendetta over Harry's name coming from the goblet of fire. 

"I don't know. I've just came from the dungeons." I took a drink, and Ron's eyes widened.

"Stop. Now. Stop drinking that, Audrey. Now," Ron panicked, and I stopped. However, I'd already drank half of the cup.

"Ron, what's wrong? Tell me!" I demanded. I wasn't and never was a fan of being oblivious. I even hated surprises. 

"Don't get mad. Promise you won't get mad." he pleaded, and I only got angrier.

"Ronald you better had tell me what the fuck you've done to my-"

"Therewastruthseruminyourdrink" he splurted.#

"You what?"

"There was truth serum in your drink. It was meant for Harry. I need the truth out of him." he confessed, and my blood boiled.

"Ron that does not mean that you have any need to put Veritaserum in his bloody drink. I've known Harry for what? Three weeks? He isn't stupid enough to ask for something like that, Ron. You know that I didn't. Why can't you accept that he didn't ask for it either, Ron?" he really needs to come down to Earth.

"I don't believe him." he tutted at me.

"Well the fuck off, Ronald." I grabbed three slices of toast and got up and left in a huff. I wasn't in the mood. First to sedate me, then talk like that about Harry? Get a grip.

"Where you off?"

Hermione and Harry seemed to catch me just at the door.

"Out to the stadiums. Ron's attempt to get the 'truth' from you ended up turning out to be him accidentally putting veritaserum in my sodding drink." I huffed.

"He put truth serum in your bloody drink? What is up with him?" Hermione twined. I shrugged, turning towards the dungeon to get a broom.

As I was turning the corner to the stairs, a tall, stiff body bumped into my own.

"Oh, apologies, Audrey" a soft voice said, lifting my head, I identified it to be Cedric.

"My apologies too. I wasn't really looking where I was going." I gave him a small smile.

"Oh, almost forgot. The first task. I'll give you three guesses as to what it is." he seemed to be in a playful mood, contagiously lifting my own mood.

"Oh, Cedric I don't know. What could it possibly be?" I joked, really just wanting the answer out of him.

"Alright, alright. Dragons. One each." Fucks sake.

"DRAGONS?!"

"Yes, dragons. They'll be protecting something, I assume." he said, matter-of-factly. How was he so calm? "Anyways, I'd advise you come up with a strategy. If you need a hand, I can help, but I wouldn't really tell anyone. You don't need any sabotage, eh?" he giggled, as did I. In all truth, Cedric was quite charming, not to mention good looking.

"Thank you, Cedric. I'm sure I'll come up with something." I gave a sincere smile as he nodded and walked away.

The dungeons felt especially cold today, and whilst putting my Quidditch over-robe on, I felt the chill on my arms. I decided to choose my firebolt. I brought two brooms with me, leaving the other five at home. Father always felt inclined to spoil me with materialistic things, even if they were picked out by one of his assistants. I appreciated the thought, but presence rather than presents would have been better.

I was lost in that thought whilst walking to leave the castle and I hadn't realised Snape's lingering at the door.

"Miss Crouch." my mind cancelled itself, looking at him. "If Mr Malfoy comes back with good reports, I shall have you on the Quidditch team. I'm sick of receiving complaints about Mr Pusey." inside, I was thrilled. The sooner I'm in another game, the better.

"Thank you, Professor." he really was intimidating, so I must have sounded timid.

"Now, I understand you have... somewhere to be. Tell me, how is your project with Mr Malfoy going?" I may have forgotten that.

"He mentioned it yesterday, but I didn't get much detail about it." I would have liked to have said that it was going well, and that we've started, but as we can remember, Ronald Billius Weasley slipped veritaserum into my Pumpkin juice, so here we are.

"I shall give another brief to you and Mr Malfoy in the next lesson." his monotone voice was starting to make me annoyed.

"Thanks, Professor." 

"Now, off with you. I have a class to teach." the bloody cheek on it. Excuse me, but you loitered for me. Joke. 

I ran off, excited to finally be on the Quidditch pitch.

I'll tell you- it was brilliant. It was just us. I decided not to mention the mood he was in last night and just enjoy myself. I beat him on the pitch, now he owes me an unreasonable  number of chocolate frogs.

Everything was fantastic.

Until he started asking questions. Questions about my family, my mother. 

Eventually, his questions led to me revealing that my mother was Jane Gaunt. I'd never really told anyone before, so I hoped he wouldn't tell anyone, but who knows what's going through his head.

"You said your grandmother torments you? How?" he questioned, again. I was getting sick of it, but it was interesting. Nobody's ever asked about my family and got the whole truth.

"Draco, before I tell you, I must tell you that I'd be inclined to tell you the truth." I warned, immediately confusing him.

"Well of course you would. Why wouldn't you?" his voice was quite sharp, and his tone was annoyed.

"I've never told anybody anything like this, and probably wouldn't, if Ron hadn't slipped truth serum into my drink this morning." his annoyed look turned to anger.

"What in the fucking hell is that pathetic bastard trying to get out of you? Next time I see his flamin' hair I'l bloody-" I decided to interject before he could say anything else.

"Draco- off topic." I raised my brows and smiled, trying to bring a slightly more playful energy to the conversation.

"Yes, I'll hear it. Tell me now, while we walk to the Three Broomsticks." I could only comply, due to my state.

"Well, before my mother passed away, I never really seen her. She'd come for Christmas with lots of gifts for Barty, but not so many for me. I wasn't deserving, apparently. She wanted three grandsons, but got one and a grandaughter- which she held me accountable for. A pull of my hair here and a slap across the face there gave her some sort of satisfaction about it."

"Woah, she hurt you? Like physically?" 

"Yeah, but it wasn't too bad coming from her- she's quite feeble, really. Which is why she had me stay with my god-father in the holidays in France. He's merciless. My father can never know, but he's probably done more damage to me and Barty than I'd care to admit. Barty was just stronger than I. He could take it. I was the weaker one that he picked on." my voice was solemn. I've accepted everything that's happened to me. I've found refuge in blaming my situations, which kept me sane I suppose. But it felt good to be listened to nonetheless. 

"Who's your godfather?" he asked.

"Amycus Carrow."

Sorry for re-updating. I forgot the last line lmao