left to rot.

After Draco and I's encounter, I showered before Potions. I was already exhausted and I had to pull through for the TriWizard announcement later on.

Double potions really dragged as well. Especially when nothing is new. However, me and Malfoy seemed to get the work done alright. Last week was an antidote, this week was Amortentia. Yes, a love potion. 

The brewing for amortentia is always difficult, so obviously nobody else was inclined to choose it. 

I stirred it as it bubbled- red, heart shaped ones. Here's where everyone came over to smell it. In beauxbatons, everybody's perception of the scent wasn't recognisable as people we knew, so we couldn't really gossip about anything- this was not the case.

"I smell new parchment, freshly mown grass, and spearmint toothpaste." Hermione said, slightly embarrassed. I don't think anyone caught on. I knew it was Ron. He just gave off that vibe, if you get what I mean. "What about you, Ron?"

"Um... like book spines, if that makes sense? Fresh Cotton and earl gray tea." I see mutual feelings arising. Good for them.

Harry stepped over, smelling the brew.

"Come on then, give us the intel!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Spiced apples," like the candle in my room? "Roses" like my shampoo? "and umm like raspberry ripple uh, ice cream." What? You mean my favourite flavour. Shit on it. Hermione had already lost interest and walked away, leaving me with Harry and Ron, until a familiar voice butted in.

"I heard ice cream, Potter. You after Bulstrode then?" Draco butted in. He had been behaving himself, talking with his friends while people sniffed the potion he watched me make- and I mean watched. 

"Why don't you give it a smell, Malfoy? Trust that you'd smell Pansy's greasy hair, or would it be her sweaty armpits?" Ron joked. Draco's fists clenched. It was only a joke- he wound them up all of the time.

"I suggest you tell me what you've smelled beforehand, but I already know that you drool over Mudblood over there. I'd also suggest that you sit back down." He glanced up at Ron's seat  "Lavendar looks eager to have you back, don't you think?" Ron pulled a disgusted face, as he should. The 'mudblood' comment really wasn't necessary. They both peeled away, scowling.

"Was there really any need?" I asked.

"There's always a need. Have you smelled yet?" He asked, diverting the conversation. I rolled my eyes, giving the potion another smell.

"Don't smell anything." I said, straight faced.

"Absolutely nothing? Hm, must be badly brewed. Must be why you can't smell me." He joked. If only he knew. Once I smelled the potion, my heart dropped to my stomach. The truth is, I had smelled mints, cologne and pencil shavings. It had to be him. It was a bit much to think about, to be honest. Not to mention, Harry's sounded a lot like me. He gave it a smell, raising his brows. If he knew what I smelled, it would only feed his ego, considering what had happened not even two hours ago.

"Weirdly flowery. A little fruity too, like Christmassy apples." He looked confused, until his eyes widened as he looked into the distance, a smirk slowly growing. Fuck. Flowery and Fruity? Sounds a bit like what Harry described. "Now, I smell nothing." What? Disappearance? Never heard of that before.

"Sounds g-" I was interrupted by a sudden swing of the door, Moody entering.

"Mind if I borrow Miss Crouch, Professor?" He croaked. Professor Moody was a decent teacher, but he made Neville a bit shaken last week after he done a cruciatus curse. Draco sent me a funny look, which I returned.