4| Adored

Chapter 4: Adored (Archer's POV)

I sat beside my dad with the council members while everyone started wrapping up after the meeting. 

"Gentlemen," my dad cleared his throat. Everyone looked at him. Even me. "Somebody find my son a bride, please." 

I groaned, facepalming. I didn't think this concerns the council members but apparently, it does. 

"We thought you would bring a Princess, sir," someone said. 

I didn't bother to look up. 

"Well, that's not necessary. A normal girl is just as lovely." I looked up seeing Mr. Albert shrugging. 

"Do you have anyone in mind, Mr. Albert?" my father asked, chuckling. 

"I am glad my humiliation and misery is so amusing to everyone," I said sarcastically. 

Everyone let out a laugh. 

"There are a few girls, I'm sure," Mr. Albert shrugged. 

I sat there, listening through one ear, throwing it out the other. 

"Anyone you know?" dad asked. 

He nodded, "Evelyn." 

My brows furrowed in confusion. "Evelyn?" my dad and I asked in sync. I leaned forward, genuinely listening now. 

"Evelyn Harrington. Her mother owns Cherie. The boutique. In fact, I believe she was here last night to cater." 

"Oh?" my dad asked, extremely intrigued. 

"Her uncle owns Fun & Food and she often waitresses there. But her aunt was catering for you last night and she needed extra help. She was here, I'm sure of it," he explained. 

"Evelyn Harrington," I nodded. That's her name. 

The nobody, as she said.

"Is she working today?" I asked. 

Everyone looked at me, extremely amused. 

"She works every day," he chuckled. 

I leaned back in my seat, falling into thought. 

"She is extremely adored in Zariya, Prince Archer," he said and everyone nodded in sync. "Our wives love her and every time we've met her, she is a sweetheart." 

My dad and I looked at each other knowingly. Everyone left shortly after and we walked out of the room, walking out towards the backyard. I spend a lot of time in the backyard because I get to stay away from my mother and her constant complaining. 

"Bruce!" 

I sighed, halting, and looking back at my mother who was coming downstairs. 

"Where is Bruce?" 

"He took a few days off. His daughter is ill," I reminded her. 

She huffed, "I have lunch to go to in an hour and my dress is still at Cherie!" she exclaimed. 

"Archer will go bring it for you." I turned around, my dad coming in. 

"I will?" 

He shot me a pointed look. 

I nodded, "I will." 

"That's ridiculous, I must send someone else," she argued. 

"Archer," my dad hissed. 

"I'm going." 

"Archer," she argued. 

"I'm going," I started heading to the main doors.