8| Deal

Chapter 8: Deal (Archer's POV)

"So, I mean... you're pretty serious about the whole marriage thing then, right? With five princesses staying here?" she inquired. 

"Yes, but I'm here walking with you," I shrugged. 

"Would you really just marry a normal girl from Zariya instead of a princess?" 

"If it's someone like you," I nodded. "Or you." 

She laughed awkwardly, tucking her hair behind her ear. "It will not be me," she shook her head. 

"It might. I think it will," I shrugged. 

She sighed and stopped walking, turning to face me while I mirrored her actions. "I understand that you want to marry a normal girl. But I don't think I'm the right choice for you. Perhaps you should ask someone else," she shrugged. 

"But I want to ask you," I retorted. I've decided to get stubborn now. 

I found out something last night. Something that has pissed me off to the point of no return. Something she should have told me. But she didn't. Call it petty, call it pathetic, call it what you will. But this is my way of getting back at her. Not to mention, I really do like her. So, keeping her close couldn't possibly be a bad thing. 

"No, you don't," she chuckled. 

"Yes, I do," I argued. 

She's getting pissed off. It's quite amusing, actually. "No," she said slowly. "You do not." 

"Yes," I said mockingly. "I do." 

She shook her head, cracking her knuckles. "With all due respect, your majesty, I am not made for royalty. I am not made to be a princess or a queen or to marry a prince," she huffed. 

"Perhaps you weren't made to be a princess," I shrugged. "But you were most certainly born to be one." 

She groaned. "Okay, look. I do not want to marry you. How else can I make that clear? Not just you, I don't wish to marry anyone, okay?" she sighed in frustration. 

"Anyone?" I scoffed, feeling a little anger bubbling up inside me. "What about Lucas Rhodes?" 

She froze, staring at me without even blinking. "L-Lucas Rhodes?" she stammered. "Who told you?" she asked, lowering her voice. 

"I have eyes all around the kingdom, Evelyn." I took a step closer to her and she instinctively took a small one back. "And I can tell you, your lover hasn't been very faithful," I whispered, leaning down beside her ear. 

She took a step back, glaring up at me. "Excuse me?" 

I chuckled, "Under the bridge. At midnight. Go look for yourself," I shrugged. 

"But," I said quickly. "If I turn out to be right, you owe me something," I smirked. 

She stared at me, conflicted in her eyes. She's contemplating it. I don't know if what I'm doing is right, but I'm doing it anyway. "Fine, what is it?" she huffed. 

I smiled, looking down at her. 

It would be so much easier to move past her if she wasn't so pretty. 

"You must stay with me in my palace for a month." 

She stared at me in shock. 

"Now you decide, do you have enough faith in your relationship to put yourself on the line and up to gamble or not?" I shrugged. 

She scoffed, shaking her head. "Are you serious?" 

"Very," I nodded. I'm trying to get on her nerves.