༄ 𝟐 ༄

The next few days went by as usual, spending most of your free time studying, snacking, sleeping. You tried to not snack while studying, as it was a bad habit, but Sasha always brought you food when she ate. And she ate all. the. time.

You were sitting in class, concentrated on the material, tapping your pen vigorously, lost in thought. You were snapped back to reality to Erwin dismissing class.

As you went to leave, you heard him call to you.

"Y/n, Eren, please stay back for a second."

Me and Eren? You tried to think of a reason you'd both be called back. You hadn't done anything, but you were paranoid nevertheless. Nothing involving him could be good.

"Sit." He motioned to two chairs infront of his desk. Eren sighed and slumped down in the chair. You could feel him side eyeing you from his position with no particular emotion on his face. You all sat in silence for a few moments, as Erwin seemed to be deep in thought. Eren cleared his throat after a moment. "Listen, teach, i've got somewhere to be so-"

"Quiet, Jaegar." Erwin said, folding his hands together. Eren sighed again.

"Eren, your grades have been suffering. More than normal recently. If you keep this pace up-"

"Yeah, yeah, i know. I'll get the boot"

Erwin raised an eyebrow at him. I stared at the floor and fidgeted with my thumb, uncomfortable. Why'd i have to be here? I'm not his mother.

"Do you know how lucky you are to be in this class? Many people would give a lot to be here right now. What would your father think if you were removed this early on?"

At the mention of his father, Eren's eyes dropped to the floor. He didn't say anything. The tension in the room increased dramatically, making you more nervous. "You have potential, Jaegar. I can see it. That's why I want Y/n here to tutor you."

Eren turned his head towards you, clearly agitated. "U-um, sir? Why me? I don't know if that's a great idea.." You say. Out of all people. You didn't want to help this man. And he clearly didn't want the help from you either, judging by the way he was glaring at you like it was your fault. You tried your best to ignore it.

"You have the highest grade point average in this class, and i've noticed your good study habits. With exams coming up soon, I want Eren to be able to move on with everyone else."

"U-um-"

"I'll give you a extra homework grade for every study session. That will boost your grade even higher, if possible."

You stop what you were about to say. Free hundreds? How could I pass that up? It would feel cruel not to take this opportunity.

"What if I refuse to study with her?" Eren muttered. You turn to face him, now your turn to glare.

Erwin tapped his chin, thinking for a moment. "Then I'll simply remove you from my class."

Eren's eyes widened in shock, as did mine. I could see the slightest trace of a smirk on the professors face. That was cruel, you thought. Though you didn't oppose. You wanted the free grades.

Eren rolled his eyes. "Fine, whatever. Is that all?"

"Yes, dismissed."

You both exited the room, but as you stepped out, Eren grabbed your arm, stopping you. You looked back at him. This was the closest he had ever been to you. Too close for comfort. You could smell his cologne wafting from him, a little stronger than preferred. But it wasn't horrible. A little minty.

"Don't think you can use me for better grades, Y/n. And don't think this means we're friends." He takes a moment to stare at you for your reaction. You just sigh and nod. "Good. Now give me your number."

You pull your arm back and your eyes widen. "What?"

"For studying, dumbass. Don't get any ideas."

You shake your head, relieved, but slightly embarrassed that you assumed it was for a different reason. Not that you would have given it to him anyway.

You put it in his phone and he doesn't hesitate to walk away. "I'll call you." he calls back.

"Cant wait!" you muttered sarcastically. A call from him was the last thing you wanted. But at least you would get free grades out of this. And even though you hated the guy, you'd feel kinda bad if he got kicked out of the class. I'll just have to put up with him for an hour or so a few times a week. I can do that. Maybe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Jaegar?" Sasha said through her grimace. You sigh and nod as you flop down onto your bed. "Yep. Two hours, twice a week."

She shrugged, reaching her hand into her bag of chips. "Could be worse I guess. Please tell me your not going to study in that disgusting frat house of his." You shake your head.

Eren had texted earlier and asked for the plan. You agreed to study in your dorm, since there would be no peace and quiet at his place. He lived in one of the party frat houses with others, including Connie, Jean, and a few other guys. The thought of even stepping foot in there grossed you out. You imagined all the beer cans and passed out people scattered everywhere.

"Nah, we're gonna study in here, if that's cool with you Sash." You glance over at her.

"Sure. I probably won't be here anyways. Just please don't fuck on my side of the room." she says before dumping the rest of the chips in her mouth. You throw a pillow at her in retaliation and she laughs.

"Not funny."