༄ 𝟐𝟐 ༄

Since Jean's lake house was out in the country, there were no surrounding lights. As you stared out the window from the bed, you could see every single star. Back at home, the city lights polluted the sky too much for you to see, so it was a special occasion.

Annie snored loudly from beside you, her left leg tossed over you.

Hypocrite, you smile as you remember her nagging you about snoring earlier.

You gently pushed her leg off and stood up, smoothing out your shirt and walking to the door. You step into the hallway, making sure to be careful not to make a ton of noise.

The stairs were creaky, so you gently walked down to the kitchen.

You notice the patio door slightly ajar, the wind whistling outside.

The cold air brazed your skin as you step outside. You lift a hand to block the wind and squint your eyes to see the deck, a figure standing at the rail.

You immediately knew it was him. His scraggly bun made him easy to identify. He wore a zip up jacket and sweatpants, looking down at the lake below.

The wood creaked slightly as you walked, and his head turned to the side as you approached. The stars were even more prominent from here, and you gazed up at them.

"I've never seen them this bright before." You mutter. He turns his attention back to the sky. "Reminds me of home."

"Are they this bright at your parent's house?"

He nods. "Always, since it's far from the city. My mom always used to make me go out and look at them with her. I used to think it was annoying but now i miss it."

You glance up at him, the night sky illuminating his features. The wind picks up, and you shutter. Your attention turns back to the lake.

"You're cold." He says without looking at you.

"I'm fine." you say, but he tosses the jacket over your head anyways.

"You're cold. Take it."

You lift the jacket off your head with a sigh and put it on. It was warm and smelled like him, and you were grateful he cared enough to give it to you.

"So, I'm guessing you heard about Mina?" You ask. He drums his fingers against the wooden railing and sighs. "Yeah. Mikasa told me."

"Why is she coming?"

"Mikasa's parents are going through a divorce. Mika hasn't been home much so she's okay, but I guess it's been really hard on Mina."

You nod, now feeling guilty for being annoyed. You could understand how Mina feels, wanting to get away from home for a little bit.

"Wow, that sucks." you mutter.

"Why are you concerned about her coming, huh?" He turns to look at you, a stupid smirk on his face.

"What? I'm not. Just curious." You say, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Just curious? Is that all?" He takes his hands off the balcony, fully turning towards you and leaning closer.

"Yes, that's all." You swallow. The wind blows his loose strands of hair gently, and the moon light illuminates the side of his face.

After a moment of staring at you, he turns back to the water. "Dont worry, I won't fuck her."

Blood rises to your cheeks and you pull the hoodie closer to your body. "I'm going to bed." You state, walking towards the door.

"At least not as good as I fuck you." he calls back.