24

PART TWENTY FOUR

Jungkook was even more confused than before.

And that was just because Yugyeom had told him the exact opposite of what Jimin said.

Instead of telling him to be cold to Taehyung and that they could never be together, he said— who cares if you're both fucked up? If you think you're good for each other, then why don't you just try it?

The ravenette had hoped for Yugyeom to tell him the exact same thing as Jimin did. All he wanted was for them to have the same opinion; he wanted them to make him realize that there was not a chance for Taehyung and him to be together.

But instead of receiving that, he was now more frustrated than ever.

So that's how he ended up in a bar once again.

His mind was hazy from the alcohol as he took sip after sip from the strong beverage. He could feel his phone vibrating in the pocket of his pants, but all he did was ignore it.

The raven strands of his hair fell into his dark eyes, music filling his ears along with the sound of hushed chatters from the people in the bar.

Jungkook swirled his glass around in his hand, watching how the liquid crashed against the crystal clear surface over and over again. His busted lip was stinging every time he lifted the alcohol up to his mouth, making him hiss ever so often.

He didn't know what to do.

Hell, he was never this irritated about something.

What even was Taehyung to him now?

Should he stop all of this, before it's too late? Or should he keep living the lie of loving Taehyung just to make him happy?

All of it made him go insane already and it had just started.

———

"Where were you?"

Taehyung narrowed his eyes at Jungkook's stumbling figure as the man stepped inside the house.

"Out," was the man's simple answer and the younger frowned. "Did you drink?"

A mocking laugh left the boxer at his question. "What do you think?" He spat. Everything was blurry, he couldn't see clearly anymore and even had to hold himself up by the wall in order not to fall down.

Jungkook wasn't aware of his actions anymore.

"But you-" Taehyung stopped himself from talking and rushed towards the older to help him walk over to the couch. His eyes became slightly glossy.

He hated to see people drunk.

He was scared of them.
Just because of his father.

A grunt left Jungkook once he sat down and leaned against the backrest of his couch. The other hesitantly sat down beside him and started to fidget with his fingers. "Why did you drink?"

"Because i can."

Taehyung flinched at the cold tone in his voice, silent tears already rolling down his cheeks. Rolling his eyes, the ravenette glanced at the crying boy. "Why the fuck are you crying like a baby now?"

"I'm sorry." The younger sobbed out, lifting his head to look at the man again.

Jungkook clicked his tongue in annoyance at this, not once breaking the eye contact between them. "Such a goddamn child."

And Taehyung began to panic.

"M'not a child!" He cried out as he crawled onto the older's lap, whose eyes widened a bit. "I-..I'm 18! I'm an adult!"

The other's calloused hands found their way towards Taehyung's waist, holding him in place as the boy kept trying to convince him that he wasn't a kid anymore.

Jungkook couldn't even properly follow his words.

The alcohol pumped itself through his body, but it didn't help him to forget. He didn't forget anything. And that made Jungkook even more frustrated; he wanted to forget, that's why he drank in the first place.

And now he had to realize that it wasn't enough alcohol to make this happen.

Taehyung's thighs were placed on either side of the older, hands desperately holding onto the man's shoulders. Heavy tears streamed down his red face. "Don't call me a child!"

And instead of apologizing or comforting him, Jungkook probably made it even worse. Because he couldn't act the right way when he was drunk.

Everything crashed onto him once again.

"That's what you are, Taehyung. For fucks sake, you're a little kid who befriended an older man, just because you have some kind of daddy issues." He growled out in anger.

Sobbing again, the boy hit his chest. "Stop!" He croaked out. "You love me! And I love you! You don't mean any of this."

Jungkook stilled.

That was exactly what he didn't want to happen. He didn't want to see the boy's tears ever again. Only Taehyung's happy smile.

So he lifted up his hands and placed them onto the younger's cheeks, wiping away the many tears with his thumb. "I'm sorry, baby, I didn't mean it."

Taehyung's sniffled, glossy eyes still looking at Jungkook's now sorrowful ones. "Promise?"

"I promise, baby, I didn't think about my words. It was stupid of me." The man continued and Taehyung threw his arms around Jungkook's neck to cuddle into him.

But what the boxer didn't realize was; the more he broke Taehyung and comforted him after, the more dependent would the boy grow on him.

Because for Taehyung it meant— no matter what happened, Jungkook still cared.

"Can you kiss me?"

Nodding absently, Jungkook pulled Taehyung in for a kiss. His lips were chapped and dry in contrast to the other's soft ones.

And he felt nothing. There were no sparks. No fireworks inside of him.

Nothing.

Taehyung on the other hand felt like the luckiest person on earth. Butterflies in his tummy and wide smile forming on his lips in between their kiss.

He was happy.