03

PART THREE

Taehyung sighed, staring at the dark sky in thought like he did every night.

A cigarette dangled from between his chapped, pale lips — the toxic smoke filling up his lungs.

He didn't know what he did.
What he did to deserve all of this.

Life wasn't always great, he knew that.
It was a challenge for everyone.

But it felt like someone decided to make it extra hard for Taehyung.

The freezing air hit his delicate frame and he shuddered; he turned his head to the side, as soon as he noticed someone sitting down beside him.

"Hand one over, buddy."

Taehyung glanced at the male and stilled; it was the drunken man from the night before, who seemed to be sober this time. "Buddy? You serious?"

"What should I call you then, pretty boy sitting all alone in a park in the middle of the night?" The stranger asked and a scoff escaped Taehyung, while taking out a pack of cigarettes with slightly trembling hands.

"The name's Taehyung." He answered and handed the other one of his beloved cancer sticks. "Well then. Nice to meet you, Taehyung. I'm Jungkook."

"Did I ask?"

Jungkook chuckled and leaned back against the bench they were sitting on, "Give me your lighter." He said and the smoking teenager rolled his eyes. "I already gave you a cigarette. Go and get yourself your own lighter."

"Did I ask?" He mimicked Taehyung. "Just give me your damn lighter."

With another roll of his eyes the boy took out his lighter and slammed it into the other male's hand. "There. Happy now?" He asked and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Very. Wasn't that hard, right?"

Taehyung didn't answer, instead he inhaled the toxic smoke and leaned his head back.

The cold air engulfing them was making him slightly shudder again, as he was just wearing a simple shirt without a jacket.

But the teenager didn't care.

"What are you even doing here? You're like ten." Jungkook said and earned himself a hard glare of the boy. "I'm 17, dickhead."

"Sure."

"At least I'm not fucking 40." Taehyung spat and the stranger scoffed. "You defend yourself like a ten year old kid."

"You-"

"You didn't answer my question." The male inerrupted him and blew out a thick cloud of grey smoke, cigarette dangling between his ringed fingers, while he nibbled on his lip piercing. "What?"

"What are you still doing here? You're 17. Shouldn't you be in bed already or something?"

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows at him. "The fuck is your problem, huh?"

"I just asked, no need to get pissed." Jungkook said and ran his hand through his raven hair. "Also, you shouldn't be smoking." The stranger grabbed the boy's cigarette and threw it onto the ground, before stomping his foot on top of it.

"What the-"

The stranger turned his head and raised an eyebrow at him, almost as if he was daring Taehyung to say anything against it.
And the boy kept quiet.

"So?"

"I don't want go home. That's why I'm sitting here." He spat annoyed and Jungkook chuckled, taking another drag of the toxic stick. "I was the same as you, when I was younger."