25

PART TWENTY FIVE

Taehyung didn't like it.

He didn't like the way Jungkook smiled at this man from the boxing club.

So, he rushed up to him and tightly grabbed his hand into his own, almost glaring at the stranger. Jungkook shortly glanced at him, before focusing back on his friend Hoseok.

Said man smiled widely at their intertwined hands, "Didn't know you had a boyfriend, Kook." He laughed and patted Jungkook's shoulder.

"Ha...yeah...um, what about you? Haven't seen Heejin for a while now." Jungkook said, while Taehyung squeezed his hand a bit, pressing himself more against the older.

Hoseok sighed. "She's in Daegu right now. Her mother is in the hospital— leukemia. She's going to stay there for a while."

Jungkook clicked his tongue with a shake of his head. "Shit, really? I'm sorry for her...are you planning on going there as well?" He asked and his friend nodded. "I just had a match, but this was the only one for this month, so i can be there for Heejin and her family. She's really...well, let's just say she's not okay."

Taehyung stared at the ground in thought as he listened to the two men talk. He wouldn't really call himself jealous— but that's exactly what he was.

"Who would be okay at such a horrible time?" Jungkook muttered. His friend shrugged with a weak smile, looking back at Taehyung's figure. "You didn't introduce us yet, Kook."

Lifting his head, the 18 year old locked eyes with Jungkook, who cleared his throat a bit. "Right, um...Hobi, that's Taehyung. And Taehyung, that's Hoseok— but you can call him Hobi."

Hoseok chuckled, extending his hand for the other to shake. "Nice to meet you."

———

"I don't want you to talk to him again."

Jungkook raised his brow at Taehyung as he changed into his boxing shirt. "What?"

"I don't want you to talk to this Hobi guy again." The boy repeated and folded his arms over his chest.

A disbelieving laugh left the boxer. "You can't tell me who and who not to talk to. That's not how it works." He scoffed and tied his curly hair in a manbun.

Taehyung frowned. "Oh, so you don't care about my feelings? Wanna go and kiss him, too? Maybe he's better than me, who knows?"

The older furrowed his brows at him. "Are you even listening to yourself? Hoseok isn't even gay, he has a girlfriend. And why the fuck would i kiss my friend?"

"Well, we were friends too!"

"Oh my god, Taehyung, stop saying nonsense." The ravenette mumbled, slamming his locker shut. He walked out of the changing room with the younger trailing behind him. "Nonsense? This isn't nonsense!"

When they got into the training room, Jungkook rolled his eyes. "It is." He said and started to wrap bandages around his hands in order to protect his knuckles from any injuries.

"My feelings are nonsense to you?"

"Taehyung." The boxer warned him in a calm voice. He was irritated— hell, he didn't even know why the other was all of the sudden acting this way. And it was pissing him off. "I'm serious. Stop this."

He cut off the bandage with his teeth, tightening it a bit around his hands and narrowing his dark eyes at the boy. Taehyung had glossy eyes, bottom lip wobbling. "Why are you so mean?"

Jungkook couldn't help the quiet groan leaving him. He stepped closer to the younger and lifted his chin with his bandaged hand. "I'm not being mean, baby, but you have to understand that Hobi is just a friend to me, okay? I would never kiss him."

Upon noticing the doubting glint in Taehyung's eyes, the ravenette leaned more towards him and pressed his lips against the other's. A surprised breath left the boy at this, but nonetheless slowly wrapped his arms around the man's neck.

"Do you really think i'd ever kiss someone else like that?" Jungkook murmured against Taehyung's now glossy lips. "I...I'm just scared. I don't want to lose you."

And those words brought a tiny smile onto Jungkook's lips. "You won't lose me, baby." His eyes turned into small crescents. He found it cute how in love Taehyung was with him. And maybe— someday he'd be able to love him just as much.

He just had to understand what he wanted. What he needed. And what the best for the both of them was.

He had to decide whether to give all of this a chance or break everything off between them.

"Promise?"

"I promise you won't lose me." Jungkook whispered and pulled the boy in for another kiss. Taehyung grinned into their kiss, the cold metal of the man's piercing brushing against his skin ever so often. And he already loved the feeling of it.

Pulling away again, Jungkook let out a breath. "I gotta train now. Mind holding the boxing pads for me like last time, baby?" He bit his lips to surpress his smile, when he saw the excited glint in Taehyung's eyes. "Yes, of course!"

"Okay then." The older laughed.