09

PART NINE

"Introducing in the blue corner - Lee Hajoon!" A blonde man with a few tattoos covering his neck up to his face climbed into the boxing ring; a tense look on his face.

Taehyung chewed on his bottom lip in anticipation; the loud cheers of the crowd filling his ears.

"Alright, alright! And in the red corner - our undefeated champion, Jk! I want to hear some applause for this man!" The loud voice boomed through the hall and almost instantly Taehyung had to hold his hands against his ears to quiet down the noisy screams and cheers.

He blinked a bit, when Jungkook joined Hajoon in the ring; a concentrated expression taking over the man's face. Taehyung hesitantly joined the crowd and started to cheer for Jungkook, a small smile forming on his face.

The boxer shook hands with Hajoon professionally, who sent Jungkook a nervous smile. Rolling his shoulders a bit, Jungkook cracked his neck while he moved his gaze towards the crowd for a second. A grin was plastered onto his lips at the sight of Taehyung cheering for him.

The sound of the bell booming through the hall made him focus again. "Round one!" A voice announced and Hajoon lunged forward to send his fist at Jungkook's face. The champion narrowed his eyes at him and moved backwards to avoid getting hit.

"A backpedal from Jk! He easily dodged Hajoon's attack. Seems like Hajoon has to try harder!" The loud voice said and the crowd erupted in cheers again.

Jungkook grinned, when he noticed his opponent frowning slightly and was quick to send a punch below Hajoon's waistband. The other hissed in pain, crouching down a bit. "Below the belt! Jk knows what he's doing!"

Hajoon cursed quietly and stood up straight again with a pained face. He moved forward and threw a punch in a circular motion; a hook combined with an uppercut. Jungkook groaned and lunged forward, sending punch after punch at his opponent's face.

"Whoa! First a Bolo punch sent by Hajoon and now Jk is becoming a brawler again! He's showing Hajoon why he's the champion! Jk is not to be messed with, ladies and gentlemen!" The voice laughed with excitement in it.

Taehyung swallowed heavily as he took in the scene in front of him. He wasn't going to lie - he didn't expect Jungkook to be this aggressive in the ring. The crowd seemed to have high expectations on him and his technique.

A bell rang through the hall and Jungkook immediately stopped throwing his fists at his opponent. He grabbed him by his shoulder and locked gazes with him. "You okay?" He asked and Hajoon nodded weakly, while his trainer rushed up to him to help him with his bleeding nose. "Round two starts in five minutes!" The voice announced.

Jungkook walked up to the red corner and grabbed the water bottle his cornerman was handing him. He held the cold bottle against his jaw to ease the pounding pain inside of it, while his gaze wandered towards the crowd. Taehyung blinked repeatedly, when he caught Jungkook's gaze and smiled weakly at him - showing him his thumbs up.

A quiet chuckle left the ravenette and he shook his head, before taking a few sips of the water.

"Round two!" The bell filled their ears once again and Jungkook rolled his shoulders, straightening his posture as he jumped on his feet a bit to loosen his muscles.

Hajoon's face got cleaned and bandaged as much as possible. He lunged forward and was about to grab Jungkook by his neck, who quickly grabbed his arm and shoved him off him. They ran up to each other, both holding the other's arms or torso to stop him from attacking. "A clinch? Well, that's gonna be interesting." The crowd cheered again and Taehyung found himself observing the fighting males with fascinated eyes.