31

PART THIRTY ONE

"Relax, you can do it," Taehyung smiled and combed his hand through Jungkook's dark hair from behind. The boxer bit onto his bottom lip as he nodded slowly. He cracked his neck only to get pulled down by the younger, feeling his lips on his shortly after.

Jungkook smiled slightly, tilting his head to deepen their kiss, his hands curling around Taehyung's waist as they slowly stumbled back into the changing room, throwing the door shut behind them.

The older pushed Taehyung against the metal door, feeling his hands in his raven locks as his lips wandered down to the boy's neck full of hickeys.

They could hear the loud cheers from the crowd in the distance, the bell announcing a new boxing match between Yugyeom and someone named Minho. But they didn't care, being so lost in each other's touch and taste, they couldn't focus on anything else.

Taehyung let out a quiet gasp at the feeling of Jungkook's lips wandering back up to his jaw, then his lips to press them together once again. The boy's blue messy strands fell into his face, arms hooked around the other's neck.

Jungkook groaned, the younger's grip on his biceps tightening slightly. He pulled away to catch his breath, leaning his forehead against Taehyung's, who was panting just as heavily as he was.

A few weeks had passed and not once did they mention the incident with Jimin again. Instead, they grew addicted to each other's touch— using every free minute they had to kiss and make out as much as possible.

It wasn't healthy.

But did they care? No.

Because for them it felt like true love. They cared, and didn't judge. Everything was perfect.

They were perfect for each other.

"You have to go," Taehyung breathed out and Jungkook raised his brow at him, tapping his chin, "Wanna get rid of me?" He grinned and the younger laughed, shoving him away, "You have to win this match, big boss," He replied.

The ravenette smiled, pulling him in for another kiss and Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle slightly, placing his hands on the man's cheeks to caress the skin with his thumb as their lips moved against each other.

Jungkook sulked slightly, when Taehyung pulled away again and left his eyes closed shut for a few more seconds, before he snapped them back open. His gaze locked with the other's and both wore giddy smiles on their faces, "Get your ass out there now," The blue haired boy giggled with a roll of of his eyes.

"Okay, okay," The older snorted and took a few steps back, while tying his curly hair in a manbun.

———

Boxing was one of the things Jungkook did whenever he didn't know how to release all his stress and anger or even fear. It was an escape from everything for him. The adrenaline kicking in was another point he loved about it. He felt like he could do anything, whenever he felt this rush.

But today was different.

He didn't feel the usual adrenaline.

It felt...almost boring to stand in the boxing ring, throwing his fists against his opponent. Jungkook stilled, blood dripping down his nose once the other punched him.

He could hear the faint screams of the crowd, yelling at him why he stopped fighting all of the sudden.

They were mad. Disappointed.

A disappointment. That's what he was.

Jungkook stumbled backwards when another hit got sent at him, wincing to himself at the dull pain. His head was already pounding harshly, the bruises and cuts on his knuckles stinging, blood dripping down from his nose and lip.

But he didn't care. He felt like he deserved to feel more pain.

Jungkook didn't know why he was all of the sudden thinking like that, but his body didn't seem to let him do anything. All he could do was stand there and take everything his opponent sent at him.

Another hit.

The champion closed his eyes shut in pain, leaning over as he spit out the blood that filled his mouth. The angry screams of the crowd got louder and louder, filling Jungkook's ears, till it was the only thing he could comprehend apart from the pain that took over him every time the other punched or kicked him.

He fell to his knees in exhaustion and it seemed as if everything went dark. Silent. As if he wasn't in the middle of a boxing match.

"Three!" The sudden voice tore him back to reality and Jungkook rolled onto his side, coughing out even more blood. A few strands had loosened itself from his manbun, sticking to his forehead, "Two!"

Jungkook grimaced at the harsh pain taking over his body everywhere.

He felt like he was dying.

"One!" The loud voice almost yelled and Jungkook let his head fall against the hard ground of the boxing ring.

"Down and out!"

He felt as if his ears were going to explode when the crowd became even louder than before, anger or disappointment on everyone's face when the other's arm was raised into the air.

His breath got heavier, as if his chest got tied into a knot to stop him from doing it. Jungkook's blinked his eyes slowly, his sight getting blurrier, till everything disappeared and the last thing he could feel was a group of doctors lifting him up.

The champion lost.