10

PART TEN

Jungkook washed away the blood on his face; from time to time wincing at the pain. His head was pounding heavily and he let out a quiet groan, while he walked back to his locker. "Got hit pretty hard, huh?" Yugyeom asked and pulled off his shirt to change into his boxing clothes.

"Yeah." The other just replied with a cold voice. "You should let the doctor check up on you, Kook."

Rolling his eyes, Jungkook put on his usual black pants along with a black shirt and leather jacket. "I'm fine. It's nothing serious."

"You could have a concussion." Yugyeom shrugged. "And even if you don't — just let him treat your injuries."

Jungkook clenched his jaw and slammed his locker shut, turning to his friend. "What's up with you?" He spat and the other blinked a bit startled. "Huh?"

"You never cared about me smoking, drinking alcohol or doing drugs! And you especially never told me to let the doctor treat me. So, what's up with you?"

Yugyeom scoffed. "I'm worried about you, what else? Kook, we're best friends. I can't just watch and do nothing, when you're practically destroying yourself!"

The champion tied his shoes and slung his bag over his shoulder. "Mind your own business. I know what I'm doing." He replied. "No, you obviously don't! You're not realizing how bad your addiction already got!"

Jungkook let out a disbelieving laugh. "Oh, I know it's bad." He grinned and took out a cigarette. Lightning up the stick, he inhaled the toxic smoke almost provocatively. "But I just don't care." The man said and blew out the smoke right into Yugyeom's face, who scrunched his nose a bit. Not waiting for a reply from his friend, the boxer chuckled sarcastically and bumped his shoulder — walking out of the changing room.

His eyes immediately found their way towards the young boy reading some of the flyers the boxing club had to offer. He smiled a bit and stopped right behind him.

Taehyung was so focused onto the flyer, that he didn't even notice the ravenette's arrival. Just the warm breath on his neck made him widen his eyes and snap his head around — only to see Jungkook's face right in front of his own.

He swallowed heavily, blinking up at the taller male with nervous eyes. "U-Uhh..Hi?" He croaked out and Jungkook chuckled. "Hey." He grinned, wrapping his arm around the boy's shoulder and leading him out of the boxing club. "Congrats again." Taehyung mumbled in an almost shy tone, making the other smile softly. "Thank you."

"Did you treat your wounds?"

Jungkook looked at the younger boy and shook his head. "It's not necessary." He answered, making Taehyung frown. "You should still do it though. Just to make sure."

A quiet hum was the only response he got and Taehyung already knew — Jungkook wasn't going to do anything about his injuries.

"I'll do it then." He huffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Jungkook laughed. "There's really no need for you to do it."

"But I want to."

The ravenette stilled and eyed Taehyung through surprised but still uncertain eyes. "Oh." He let out, making the boy chuckle. Jungkook smiled weakly and lifted his cigarette back to his lips, oblivious to the other's gaze on him. "You told me to stop smoking, but don't do it yourself."

"Cause I'm an adult, buddy. I can do whatever I want." He snorted and Taehyung narrowed his eyes at him. The boy didn't hesitate to take the cigarette out of Jungkook's hand to throw it on the ground; stomping onto it. "No, you can't, grandpa."

"Oh, no, you didn't." Jungkook said; an offended look on his eyes. He lunged at Taehyung and lifted him up, swirling him around in the air. A loud squeak was released by the boy, as he held onto the man tightly. "Stop! I'm getting dizzy!" He whined.

Jungkook laughed and let him down again. "Revenge." He shrugged. "But-..no! Me calling you a grandpa was already my revenge for you calling me buddy. You can't just-" He paused, once he noticed their close proximity and blushed. The boxer stared at him fondly. "But I already did it." Jungkook grinned.

The longer Taehyung looked into the ravenette's eyes the more he grew nervous. He didn't know what it was — he really didn't, but he liked the feeling. Liked it to be so close to the other or just be near him. Taehyung liked spending time with him.

"What?" Jungkook asked softly at the boy's lack of response and his confused looking eyes. "N-Nothing." Taehyung quickly mumbled and shook his head.

"Alright then." The man laughed and pulled Taehyung to his side again as they continued to walk away from the boxing club. "Are you going home tonight?" Jungkook asked hesitantly. "Or are you staying at the park?"

"I guess...the park."

The ravenette nodded with a quiet sigh. "Do you...want to come to my house?" He mumbled and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Taehyung's eyes widened a little. "U-Uhhm..are you sure?"

Smiling weakly at him, Jungkook nodded again. "Yeah. You still have to treat my injuries anyway." He then grinned and winked at the shy boy. "Okay." Taehyung whispered into the cold air and couldn't help the crimson red color taking over his cheeks once again, when Jungkook slung his arm around his shoulders like before.