26

PART TWENTY SIX

"Baby!" Jungkook called through the house as he scrolled through the messages his friend had sent him. Not long after he could hear the sound of footsteps coming closer and lifted his gaze from the small device. "What is it?" Taehyung asked with a cup of hot chocolate in his hand.

The older smiled a bit, patting the spot beside him on the couch. "You remember Jimin?" He said as soon as Taehyung sat down next to him and wrapped his arm around the boy's shoulder. "Your...old friend? The one from the pictures in the hallway?"

Jungkook chuckled with a nod. "Yeah, him. He moved back here a few weeks ago." The male told him and Taehyung hummed, while taking a sip of his hot chocolate. "He's coming over tonight, okay?"

Taehyung tensed slightly, but still managed to nod. "Sure." He murmured quietly and Jungkook furrowed his brows. "What's wrong?"

Widening his eyes, the younger shook his head profusely. "Nothing! It's fine, he can come over. Um...what are you guys going to do?"

"Not sure yet. Just talk, I guess. There's still so much we haven't told each other."

"Okay, should I...go home then?" He asked with uncertainty clear in his eyes, while his grip on the cup tightened. He didn't like the thought of the two men being alone.

Jungkook scoffed. "Definitely not." He replied and typed in another message for Jimin. "You're gonna stay here."

Taehyung bit back his smile and leaned his head onto the older's shoulder, whose fingers caressed his upper arm softly. "So, you'd be fine with it if i'd sit with you two? Or do you want me to stay upstairs?"

"Of course you can sit with us, baby." The ravenette said and looked at the boy beside him. "Why wouldn't I be okay with that?"

"W-Well...um...I don't know." He stuttered out, chugging down the rest of his hot chocolate, while relief built up inside of him. "Maybe because you just wanna spend time with Jimin alone. I mean, you haven't seen each other for a long time and then I'd probably just annoy you and-"

"You're talking nonsense again." Jungkook grinned, before he pressed a tender kiss onto his lips. Taehyung giggled quietly. "Sorry." He whispered. Jungkook didn't have to know, that he wasn't scared of annoying him. He was scared of the possibility that Jimin might try something on his boyfriend.

Jungkook was his.

And as the time passed, the boxer grew used to calling Taehyung baby and kissing him over and over again. It was almost as if he did it naturally by now.

But he still wasn't sure if he was feeling something for him as well.

Jungkook didn't even know what it felt like to be truly in love. He had a few flings here and there, but it was never this specific feeling of being in love with someone.

The feeling of wanting to do anything for the other, of wanting nothing else than seeing him happy. Or even just the addictive things like having this someone close all the time, kiss him like there was no tomorrow and be intimate with the person he loved. Jungkook just never felt it.

So now he wasn't sure if that's what he felt for Taehyung.

Because he couldn't even imagine a future with him. There was not the tiniest thought of a possibility for them to get married and live a happy life. It just...didn't work in his mind.

But he didn't know why.

Taehyung was lovely.

And Jungkook wouldn't mind to shower him in actual love all the time, if necessary. He'd give him everything, if it'd feel right for him. But it wasn't that easy.

He still had to find out what was the best for the both of them. He had to understand his own feelings.

"What are you thinking about?" Taehyung's quiet voice tore him back to reality and Jungkook smiled weakly, "Nothing you should worry about."

The younger stayed silent, placing his now empty cup on the table and cuddling more into Jungkook's side. "My parents are mad at me again." He then murmured and Jungkook frowned. "Why?"

"Because I wasn't home for more than a week already...my mother called me multiple times, but I didn't answer." Taehyung said and sniffled, when the older put down his phone and instead pulled the boy even closer, tightening his hold on him. "Ignore them. You can stay with me, baby."

Taehyung lifted his head to look at Jungkook. "Are you sure?" He whispered.

"Of course. I won't let you go home to your abusive parents." The man muttered. Taehyung sniffled again, wiping his teary eyes while clutching onto Jungkook's shirt with his fists. "Thank you."

A quiet hum was the only response he got.

Jungkook nuzzled his head into the boy's hair, inhaling his scent with closed eyes and just taking in the moment of them being so close to each other.

He knew he had to help Taehyung. And he also knew that he was able to do it.

Jimin wasn't right.

They were good for each other, no matter what his friend had told him. Because even if they were so fucked up in their own ways, they still managed to be there for each other.

They were able to understand each other's pain and fears.

And they could help one another.