01

PART ONE

The cheers were ringing in his ears, adrenaline rushing up his body like a hurricane as he sent his clenched fist at the other man's face. The latter winced in pain, trying to get Jungkook into a headlock and shouting in anger. There was a threatening glint in his green eyes, the tension and anticipation in the crowd growing.

Jungkook scowled, throwing punch after punch, the harsh force of it tearing apart the tattooed skin around his knuckles. His lips formed into a mocking grin with every grunt from his opponent, that reached his pierced ears. The sweaty raven strands of his locks fell into his eyes, which he quickly combed back once the other fell to the ground.

His chest was moving up and down harshly, jaw clenched as he felt his arm getting pulled up by his coach, declaring him as the winner, before he stumbled out of the ring. Jungkook sat down in exhaustion, watching his injured opponent force himself onto his legs with his coach's help to stumble towards him, "You're good, I'm impressed. Where did you learn to fight like this?"

He glanced at his opponent, extending his hand to help him stand slightly and patting his shoulder, "A friend taught me the basics. My coach the rest," the undefeated champion replied and the other hummed, before they climbed out the boxing ring to grab themself their bottles filled with cold water, focusing onto the next two fighters that just entered the ring.

Jungkook lifted his tattooed hand, bruised and bloody knuckles stinging slightly with the skin tearing apart even more while he placed the opening of his bottle against his mouth, chugging down the liquid and feeling it rush down his throat. The icy cold almost being painful to him after the amount of sips he took.

"Fuck...your last attack hurt like a little bitch," his opponent muttered from beside him and Jungkook turned to look at him with an unimpressed raise of his brow, "Not my fault you got that glass jaw, dude."

The other boxer scoffed, "Fuck off," He replied, "I knew I didn't have a chance from the start. I'm not stupid. My name's Hajun, by the way." Jungkook smirked, shrugging. "Jk," He introduced himself, even though he was sure the other knew his name by now.

"Dude, there you are!" Another voice called and the two boxers turned to see another figure jogging up to them and stopping in front of Jungkook with his own nose bleeding from his match. A chuckle was the only response Yugyeom got. "Yo, Kook. You wanna come with me and the others? We're going to get a drink after this."

Shaking his head, Jungkook threw the empty bottle into a bin. "No can do, sorry." He answered, fingers twitching a bit, making him clench them into fists and ignoring the burn of his wounds.

"Why not?" Yugyeom asked, his coach walking up to him with a tissue for his nose. "I have to train."

A scoff escaped the male. "Please." He rolled his eyes. "You're the champion. There's no need for you to train every single day."

"Yeah, but I'm not the champion without having worked for it. There's a reason I can always beat you, dude. And that's cause you prefer drinking, than training." Jungkook said, the sudden need for a cigarette filling him up and he impatiently bit onto his bottom lip, nails digging into the skin of his palms.

Yugyeom groaned. "Don't act like you don't drink everyday as well."

Jungkook clenched his jaw a bit. "But I'm doing it after I finished training."

"Whatever you say, Kook, Imma see you tomorrow then. You have a match, right?"

The champion nodded, turning back to the two amateurs fighting in the boxing ring, blinking his eyes a bit.