06

PART SIX

"Not smoking, huh?"

Taehyung looked up with wide eyes and a smile formed on his face. "No, I wanted to-..nevermind. How are you?" He asked and Jungkook chuckled, ruffling through the younger's hair.

He took out a cigarette and lit it up. "Well, I'm getting through. What about you?"

"I'm..good."

The boxer hummed and exhaled the toxic smoke, turning to look at Taehyung.

A crease formed in between his brows and he leaned closer to the boy, who blinked a bit startled — a tiny blush spreading on his cheeks.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked lowly and grabbed Taehyung's chin into his calloused hand; turning his head to the side. "Taehyung. What happened?"

"Nothing."

Jungkook scoffed and pointed at his busted lip. "That's what you call nothing?"

Taehyung swallowed heavily and shrugged; fidgeting with his fingers. "It's not important."

"Yes, it is. Who did this to you?"

The younger didn't reply and Jungkook sighed, standing up only to crouch down in front of him.

"Hey. Look at me." He said softly and Taehyung obeyed; his brown eyes slowly becoming glossy at the reminder of his abusive parents. "I can't help you, if you won't tell me what happened."

Jungkook raised his brow, tilting his head a bit; he nibbled on his lip piercing and rubbed the bridge of his nose for a second.
"Come on, Taehyung. Are you getting bullied? Did someone beat you up at school?"

Slowly shaking his head, Taehyung sniffled.

"Did you have a fight with a friend?"

"No." He croaked out and a small tear rolled down his cheek, which Jungkook noticed with a frown on his face.

The older watched how Taehyung quickly wiped it away with the leather jacket he was wearing.

"You can talk to me, Taehyung." Jungkook said and let out a sound of surprise, when the younger threw his arms around him.

He hesitantly wrapped his arms around him as well and pulled him against his chest. "It's okay. I'm here." He whispered, when Taehyung let out a sob.

"My..p-parents.."

Jungkook tensed a bit. "Your parents did this?" He asked quietly and felt the boy shaking in his hold.

Taehyung nodded.

"Okay. Come on, let's sit down." The older said and led the boy towards the bench again; sitting next to each other. "Is there any possibility to stay at a friend's house? Or your grandparents? Or anyone else's?"

"No. Nobody believes me, when I tell them about it."

Jungkook scoffed. "Why would somebody lie about having abusive parents?" He muttered and used his thumb to wipe the younger's tears away. "It's okay, calm down."