Chapter 29

Trigger warning: Knife mention, stabbing mention (it's on description)

"Come on Virgil," Janus told him, his heart still yearning to stay in the moment for even just a second more. Even time pausing would be worth it to stay in that little room with his closest, and only, friend.

The stinging cold of Patton's fingers lingered, even after Janus had let go and a uncomfortable warm chill ran down his back.

Virgil still held Patton in his arms.

"Virge...?" Janus muttered approaching with great caution towards Virgil.

The sound of Virgil blubbering and crying filled his ear, it felt like a punch to the gut when he finally realised what Virgil was mumbling to Patton's unconscious body: "He's so cold..."

He thought nothing could hurt him more, but those three words were like a knife being twisted in its wound, being taken out, and stabbed again, and the twisted even more, creating a large hole. A large hole where his heart was.

"Please stop the crying?" Janus pleaded, his hands shaking behind him, out of his skin as his voice shivered the question as if it was the worst thing he could have said at that moment. And it was.

Clenching his teeth and grating them together, Virgil stared daggers at Janus, even with puffy red eyes and spikey hair, you could almost taste the malice in that one stare.

His pupils widened when he actually met Janus' face. It was just like his own. "Please...stop the crying..." He sobbed, spitting out the tears in his mouth as his face got increasingly irritated and blood red.

His throat burned as a ball raveled itself around his voice box, sealing it away. The ground shook beneath his feet as his knees trembled. His body felt heavier than it was before, like he was holding up the sky.

Choking out a cry as he knee bashed againest the ground, Janus' face fell into the safety of his hands as Virgil only watched. His knees throbbed and his hands shook as they barely held his head off of the ground.

"...Janus?" Virgil approached slowly, his body slummed down towards Janus and he gently let himself down onto the floor next to him. He did nothing. Well, he wanted to help but...he didn't know how.

What if he said the wrong thing? What if he made it worse? What if he ruined everything?

Slumping his shoulders back, Virgil leaned againest the bed slightly as he pushed himself over to Janus before slowly scoping his friend up into his arms. Maybe he didn't need to say anything. Maybe everything that needed to be said, had been said.

Digging into Virgil's shirt, Janus' blunt short nails clung tightly to Virgil as if he'd never let go. As if he never would want to let go. Maybe he could just stay here.

His vision blurred as he flicked the tears out of his heavy eyes. His grip loosened on Virgil's shirt. He didn't want to let go.

But he was tired.

"Janus...?" Patton called from the hospital bed, leaning his chin over the side, resting his head on his hand.

"Patton?"

End Of Chapter. 531 Words.