Chapter 13

Trigger warning: Dehydration, hinting at starvation.

As Patton gulpped down the water that Virgil handed him, he felt his knees tremble beneath him as the bottle shook him his hands.

Was he really asleep for 3 days?

Is that even healthy?

Still, when he scrunched out the last drop of water from the plastic water bottle, he still wasn't satisfied. He still felt parched. Almost like a fish out of water.

His stomache growled loudly as he realised the two pairs of eyes that gazed at him from above.

It was clear that they were concerned, even more so when Janus spoke up instead of Virgil, "You look absolutely terrible, even worse than that thing on a daily basis," He pointed to Virgil, obviously trying to get a ruse out of him.

Though after glaring at Janus, Virgil did nothing, he crouched down and spoke, "Did...um...anything happen?" He asked, barely being able to keep eye contact without staring at the bottle in Patton's hand.

Gazing up into Virgil's pale blue eyes, he couldn't help but to lie, "No, n...nothing happened...I'm j..just tired," he chuckled, attempting to sound convincing.

A knowing look came from Janus as he slowly nodded, offering Patton's hand so he could get up.

Taking the hand, the soft touch beamed prominently in his mind like a memory he'd forgotten. A bittersweet conversation that always ended the same way. Though, it felt nice.

RINNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!

"Best be getting to class now Patton," Janus declared.

"Yeah,"

~~~

It was an understatement that Patton looked bad.

His light brown eyes barely glistened in the light and his hair was messy. His skin was tightened againest his skin and his muscle mass had declined within those 3 days. He was wearing the same clothes as that day but didn't smell as good.

Is was more than noticable.

As he felt someone poke his shoulder slightly, he turned immediately towards them.

"Patton? Would you like a starburst?" Thomas asked. Looking at Patton's slightly highlighted bone structure.

His eyes widened as Patton accepted. Picking out an orange one, he chewed it as slow as he could, the flavours inducing his mind with satisfaction and joy. The flavour swung around his mouth even when it was gone, it still felt like it was there.

"Tha...thank you,"

"No problem..."

~~~

When Patton got home it was silent.

Not like normal. Not like the way when his parents were at work.

The washing machine wasn't on. All the lights were off. The house was almost completely empty, like someone had took everything and left without a word.

Sneaking through the house, peaking his head past every corner with his body following along behind him like a snake.

The kitchen? Nothing.

The living room? Barely anything.

The bathroom? Only the toilet, shower and sink left.

His parents room....? Completely empty. As if no one every lived there if you didn't look hard enough.

His legs trembled beneath him, barely being able to keep him up anymore. His legs collasped beneath him as his hands fell to his side, brushing againest the wooden floor.

He didn't feel much towards it, though...the house felt more lonely than before. Like, it felt lived in before but...now it feels like an empty shell.

It felt stupid when he started sobbing but...he couldn't stop.

It was so lonely without them.

Even with them it was lonely, but this was different.

End Of Chapter.