Chapter 1

Normal is different for everyone. Whether it be a good normal or a bad normal. To each individual person, they have a normal. It might not be your version of normal, but it is normal.

It's odd isn't it?

Patton woke up groaning as his forearm brushed againest the cold floor of his bedroom. The never ceasing beeping of his phone echoed in his ear as a reminder that it was today, like any day. To wake up and go to school.

He pushed himself off of the ground, feeling a rock in his spine. Sighing quietly as the sound of the kettle brewed downstairs loudly.

He patted the phone and turned of off, barely ready to begin the day.

~~~

"Janus! It's time to wake up lazy beans!" Janus' father called to Janus, wrapping the covers over his head like a cocoon. Ripping off the covers, Janus shivered, glaring straight up at his father whom was looming above him with a hand on his hip and a smirk on his face.

"Get outttttt," Janus moaned, throwing a pillow at his father until he left.

Rolling over sloppily, Janus flung his legs over the side of his bed and wobbled until he stood up. The soft tickling feeling of the carpet sunk into his feet warmly as he walked over to everything he threw before putting them back where they're supposed to be.

"JANUS! GET YOU'RE BREAKFAST BEFORE IT'S COLD!" Janus' father yelled up again.

Flinging the door open, Janus threw his body out and yelled loudly, "BE PAITENT I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN DRESSED YET! GOD!"

"Okay son!"

~~~

Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!

A patter of knocks rippled againest Janus' door. "I'M COMING PATTON! YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOCK THAT MUCH!" Janus yelled from the kitchen after finally being able to sit down and eat.

"Okay!" Patton attempted to yell through the mail slot before having it bash onto his head after letting his guard down. "Ow!" He yelped.

Jogging towards the door Janus opened it, "It wasn't even locked you airhead,"

Patton chuckled walked into, his heart stumbled over itself as he brushed againest Janus' shoulder accidentally. "Sorry!"

"It's fine Patton, but if you don't take off your shoes I'll be mad,"

"Are you still eating breakfast?" Patton asked, peering through the doors as he walked through the house.

"Yeah, just sit down and wait, we'll leave as soon as I'm finished,"

Patton took a seat right next to Janus as he swung his legs into each other. "Janus, you're so slow!"

Mumbling something, Janus snapped back playfully, though, you couldn't understand a thing he was saying.

Patton had been in Janus' house too many times to even be able to count. They'd been friends for as long as he'd remembered. Remebering a time without Janus was impossible to him.

They still had those worn out sofa's in the living room from across the table, it'd been there since the day Janus and his dad had moved in apparently. Though, the table was new, the two boys had broken it a few years ago and had to have it replaced. It was now a slightly transparent table with a white tint. The cheap white chairs hadn't changed though. Luckily they didn't break those.

The lingering smell of pancakes still flowed into the room from the open door of the kitchen from behind the table. A sweet smell of syrup slathered itself all through Patton's mind as it spread with a delicate touch as a warm knife.

"Alright, I'm finished," Janus declared, standing up with his plate in hand, the fork and knife spooned carefully in the plate.

~~~

It was a cold walk from Janus' house to school, it would have been smarter to have just gone from his own house to school since it was closer. But he enjoyed seeing Janus in the mornings, it made the day less lonely.

Everyday, Patton manages to get a good look at Janus as they walked to school. He had thick brown hair and a large scar across his face that he covered with foundation everyday. Contrasting his dark appearance, glossy, light brown eyes always peered through the shadows. He was a handsome kid with a highlighted jawline, any person could see at least that.

That scar had never healed, even a little bit.

Knowing how cheap the schools were, it wasn't much warmer inside either. Plus you weren't allowed to wear coats indoors which made it worse. It didn't really matter to Patton since he didn't have a coat either way.

The day was normal, the frightening pushing around in the crowded corridors, the breathing of people trying to walk around you the brushes of shoulders as you walk passed people.

Well, the day was normal apart from one thing.

Occasionally, well not occasionally now that it'd been happening more often, Patton feels a gaze upon his back. A gaze that stared right at him. Was there something on his back? Did someone stick something there? Do they hate me? Do I look stupid?

A heavy sigh beckoned Patton's thoughts, it was them.

Flicking his head around, he only barely got a look at the kid.

He was a fair skinned tall kid. All Patton could see was a blurr of brown hair and a plain shirt. He was average. He didn't have anything special about him. Maybe Patton was just going crazy like they said.

~~~

"Patton, I can totally see that there's nothing on your mind, tell me, what's wrong?" Janus noticed.

It was lunch and the loud clambering of noise and the crashing of trays and the yelling of teenagers and the crunching of food and the slurring of drink and the mumurs of old people who never seemed to look away. These are the things that kept Patton's mind at bay.

"It's...nothing, it's just...loud," Patton confessed. He wasn't lying...no, he was just not telling Janus everything. That means it isn't wrong. That's what Patton told himself every time he does that.

"Are you sure, you look pale?" Janus looked at Patton's face as he moved his head onto the table to look up at the boy sitting next to him.

"I'm sure it's nothing,"

~~~

The walk home has always been lonely.

As Patton trodded through the empty streets he always felt a sense of dread and perhaps even a tinge of hopefulness.

But as Patton went to sleep that night, all alone, he realised he'd always be wrong. Every single time.

End Of Chapter. 1089 Words.