Chapter 23

Trigger Warning: Starvation, neglect, sickness

Thomas wasn't in school.

He wasn't even in the country for that fact.

He was in the countryside, of a different country, a familiar land, a land where he was both born and bred.

Trees rolled over the grasst plains as far as the eye could see and roads barely made a dent through the beautiful fields that led to where Thomas was.

It was a decently sized house with airy windows and magical views from every angle, well, unless you caught one of the cousins peeing in a bush that is. But other than that, it was beautiful.

The house was a family house, owned by his grandmother. Everyone in the family (or married into the family) was allowed to come here, completely free. This was especially useful over holidays, plus the surrounding cities were popular tourist spots.

"Maaaaaaaaaa!" Thomas groaned on the living room sofa. Drapped over the edge with a bowl for puking in over the side. The boiling volcano of a fever could be felt around the room, even through the 3 blankets he was nestled gently in, which would make falling all the much more worse.

"Yes?"

Looking up, well before flopping his head back down, he asked, "Can you help me back up?"

"Awww could I say no to that little face?"

"You could!" Thomas' grandma yelled from the other room.

She nodded gently, "I could, but I'll help you honey," She told him, helping him back up onto the sofa.

~~~

It was cold.

It had been a while since Patton's parents had disappeared. The mortgage was paid off so he was allowed to stay. And the house wasn't sold. And the water still ran.

'Was this their way of saying they care?' This thought occasionally passed by Patton's mind.

He still hadn't told Janus. He couldn't. Janus had been too busy with everything. It would be selfish to burden him with Patton's own problems. He should know how to do deal with things like this himself. He should stop acting like such a baby.

A bell rang in his mind. He'd heard that phrase before....but where?

It didn't matter now. It didn't matter then either. It would probaly never matter to anyone. No. It wouldn't matter to anyone.

Wrapping himself up in the flimsy blanket in his room - his only blanket mind you - he couldn't help but feel his skin crawl.

He hadn't eaten for days and his stomache grew louder. He couldn't even tell the difference. Was it hunger or his SNDD?

Did it matter?

Did he matter?

The answer was simple in his mind. It was no. He didn't matter, nor did his problems.

End Of Chapter. Sorry for taking a while, writers block sucks. 462 words.