Chapter 3

Ding! Dong!

The doorbell rang through the house like an echo of a ravine.

"I'm coming in whether you like it or not Patton!"

Sitting there, flabbergasted, all he could do is wait for Janus to barge through the door with his school bag.

"COME ON WE'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR- Oh, what's that?" Janus gasped, staring at the static on the old TV with beedy eyes and raised eyebrows.

Patton looked over his shoulder at Janus, he was crouched in front of the TV, taking out the VHS tape as he spoke, "I....don't know? I just....found it?"

Grabbing the VHS tape, Janus shoved it back into the TV. And it played once more.

Once again the doctor appeared on screen, "Mr and Miss [ Patton's last name] this may be a surprise and not the good kind of suprise, your son ha-dfhhdhh frbtbb fhg,"

The silence filled the barely filled room.

"Well....that's ominous," Janus said standing up before offering his hand to help Patton up off of the floor. "Come on, they're gonna kill us if we don't get there soon Patton,"

Reluctantly, Patton took Janus'hand and stood. His heart burried itself in his throat as a smile appeared on his face. The warmth of Janus' hand lingered on his skin.

He wanted to feel it once more. Patton craved for it again.

Wait....where was he?

A projectile pair of shoes thumped the ground in front of his feet, "OH YEAH SCHOOL!"

~~~

"Late? That's unlike you Patton, sit down and copy off of your neighbour, we've already started the lesson," The teacher told him with slight concern painted on his face yet nothing was there.

Patton chuckled awkwardly as he walked to his seat.

Though...as he walked past. He got a better look at the kid from the day before. The one that was staring at hin.

Although...now....he wasn't even looking up unlike every other person in the class.

He had an under cut with a fluffy fringe, his face had acne spread about, from afar, you probaly wouldn't be able to notice it. He was really slouched in his seat and once again wore the same shirt from yesterday.

As he screeched across the ground, the person beside Patton showed him their book so he could copy their notes.

Joan was a really neat classmate and was really polite. They could be good friends but the two don't have much in common so it probably wouldn't work out.

The notes were clearly layed out but the handwriting was a little messy but it was good.

Patton felt a finger poke into his shoulder, a rush of emotions fueled into him as he turned his head towards Joan.

"I kinda need my book back now," They asked.

"Oh! Oh course!" Patton blushed chuckling awkwardly before continuing to write in his own book.

End Of Chapter. 485 Words.