Chapter 11

Trigger warnings: Yelling (caps), violence, abuse, swearing, fainting?

Nowerdays, in the mornings, Patþon would sometimes get a friendly good morning text from Virgil. Now this would be a lovely gesture if the text wasn't sent at midnight.

As Patton's phone alarm buzzed loudly through the room, he stretched his back and turned it off before noticing a notification from Virgil from midnight.

Virge: good morning

Sent at 12:00am

He chuckled slightly as he stomache grumbled, he held it as it stung ever so slightly. Nowerdays, he'd been noticing more of his symptoms, he just thought they were normal for everyone.

After sending a good morning text back, Patton dragged himself off of the floor to get some food for breakfast before school.

He got dressed in his regualr attire then left to go to Janus' house. He went back to his dad's on Sunday so Patton was really eager to see him again. It sounds silly, but he missed Janus.

Sometimes he forgets how much Janus actually meant to him. Heck! Janus could even be the reason he's actually alive today.

When Janus answered the door, Patton hopped into his arms with a few tears before letting go immediately.

"Sorry for that," Patton chuckled, rubbing his eyes to free them of tears.

Janus only smiled as he let Patton in. He was still in pajamas, "I need to get dressed so help yourself to anything in the kitchen," he said pointing to the kitchen.

There was a few small purple marks on his wrist as he grabbed his own arm and held it in his hand before going back upstairs.

Patton peaked past the walls as he creeped oddly through the house with his body trailing behind his head as he made his way to the kitchen.

He was still hungry from this morning, though, he didn't have much for breakfast, just some yogurt and that's it.

"Patton! Want some pancakes?" Janus' father waved eccentrically in the kitchen as he flipped the pancake in the pan he was holding. Beside the oven was a selection of condiments like strawberries and syrup. There were more but I can't be asked to name them.

Janus and his father have always looked alike but there were a few subtle differences. Like the shape of Janus' nose or the shade of their skin or the colour of their eyes. His father was chubby with darker skin and button like eyes and a slightly hooked nose unlike Janus' button like nose, along with that, he had a smoother jawline and generally looked friendlier than his son.

"Sure," Patton told him, "Want some help?" He offered lurking into the kitchen.

"Absolutely kid," He chuckled, patting Patton's shoulder.

A soft shiver ran up and down his spine as he beamed at the adult, "What should I do?"

"Could you crack a few eggs, try and follow the recipe I wrote on a note over there!" He pointed to the note that was rather close by.

"Okay,"

~~~

The two of them left soon after the food and managed to get to school on time with Virgil waiting outside as per usual.

His foot tapped like crazy as he stood still, staring at the ground.

"Virge?" Patton called out to the kid as he jumped slightly.

"That was violent,"

"I w...was zoned ou...out," He mumbled, his faced still flushed.

"Jeez, it's okay kid," Janus ruffled Virgil's hair before walking into school with the other trailing along.

The three of them got along a lot better now since they've had more time together.

And there it was again.

That stare on his back.

Patton thought that Thomas had stopped....maybe it wasn't Thomas.

He turned around to look at the person. Patton only saw the back of Thomas' head as he turned around really quickly. Odd.

Ignoring it, Patton caught up with the other two as they began hissing at one another about a subject. They were agruing about if strawberry milk was better or if chocolate milk was better. Janus was agruing in favour of strawberry milk whereas Virgil was in favour of chocolate milk.

Even when they stopped agruing about the subject, you could still see the lil glares at each other. Honestly it's like watching siblings fight sometimes.

~~~

School went by as it always did.

But when he got home, things were very different.

"PATTON VARIUS DEMITRI COLLIN-FORWORTH!," His mother screamed at him as soon as he got through the door.

Standing behind her was his father, holding the VHS tape that Patton had fixed a few days ago.

Snatching the tape violently out of his father's hand, his mother smacked his over the face with it, "WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS YOU SHITBAG!" Her hair almost stuck up with rage as her bright red face growled from behind her sharp fangs that she bore at her son.

He stared at the ground as his heart pounded againest his skin, he felt his breath in his throat. His skin crawled, moving around his body scrapping knives along his nerves.

"LEARN SOME FUCKING RESPECT, DON'T GO THOUGH OUR SHIT," She screamed more. At least Patton thinks she was screaming. What did she even look like anyway? Was she always like this?

Patton felt his limbs numb beneath him. Did they always feel like thi...

End Of Chapter.