Chapter 5

Janus and Patton panted heavily as the grabbed their knees, begging for breath.

It turns out, the two of them were later than they had anticipated.

"Are you like...okay?" The kid from yesterday, Virgil approached them, glancing down at the two as they caught their breaths.

"Y-Yeah....we're fine, ju-ust had to run," Patton grabbed his chest as he breathed. "Wh-why are you h...here Virg-gil?"

Virgil chuckled awkwardly as he stared down at his purple and black converse, "I....don't have any friends and I....didn't want to look awkward?" He stuttered, "B-but now I'm saying it li...like this, I...I probably look a lot more weird," A small laugh escaped his mouth as his glossy black eyes blushed with embarrassment.

Patton beamed happily beneath his messy hair, his slightly yellow tinted teeth could lighten the heaviest of heart, "That's no worries,"

Janus and Patton stood back up, both were still catching their breath but not as much as before. Rolling his eyes, Janus smirked, "Come on, we're gonna be late,"

Fourth period was when Patton was going to confront that kid who'd been watching him.

I mean, Janus reccomended it and Janus usually knows what to do. Plus, he said it'd help Patton's curiosity and anxiety about this kid.

Feeling the pencil shake in his hand, he could feel it again. That stare right on his back.

"Hey? Patton? Dude? Are you like, okay?" Joan asked after copying some of Patton's notes.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Patton looked at them nodding before leaning his book closer to Joan so they could read it easier.

Something like this wasn't as eeasy at it sounds.

All Patton could do till the end of class was stare at the board mindlessly as the teacher drones on about anything and everything, important or not. It all just sounded the same to Patton as the only thing he could concentrate on was the pair of eyes piercing his back.

Ringgggggggg!

The bell rang through the room as dozens of student began to pack up their things as the teacher stood there, vaguely pissed off. Without doing anything, the teacher just stood there, then proceeded to rub everything he was writing off the bored.

"Um....hey....excuse me," Patton stumbled over his words as he felt his finger poke into the kids shoulder. A shiver ran up his spine as he felt the warmth travel through his finger like a shock wave.

"Hello? Are you okay?" The kid waved his hand in front of Patton's dumb-founded face with a rather concerned expression. "Hello?"

Soon, Patton snapped out of his trance as he ceased swaying back and forth, "Oh! Sorry, I just wanted to ask...um...who are you?" Patton inquired.

The kids eyes wided with a crystallized stare of shattered glass, he breathed in sharply before closing his eyes for a mearly a second. Opening them again, he said, "I'm Thomas, I go by he/him pronouns,"

Thomas held out a greeting hand for Patton.

Patton gazed at the hand offered in front of him, he felt his chest bundle up like string, "It's nice to meet you Thomas,"

As they shook hands, Patton could feel Thomas' firm grip. Almost as if he didn't want to let go.

After a few seconds, they stopped shaking each others hands. Thomas' gaze lingered along with hand, before putting down by his side, "I'll see you around....Patton,"

End Of Chapter