•𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬•

We slowed down as we reached the castle- there was no need to rush, in the middle of the night, the risk of being seen was minimal.

Jane took my hand as we neared the entrance.
"Stay close to me" she whispered.

As if I could go anywhere with her holding my hand in an iron- like grip.

I just nodded and we entered the castle. Jane's face showed no emotion as we entered the throne room. I mimicked her expression and looked straight ahead- at the three men sitting in front of us. Surprise was evident on their faces as as Jane regally strode over to them and took the dark-haired male's hand, still not letting go of mine.

The man let out a laugh, as if something he saw had amused him greatly. His gaze landed on me, before his hand extended towards me, as if he was expecting me to shake it. I looked at him quizzically.

"Aro has the ability to see memories through touch" explained Jane with a soft smile, encouraging me to place my hand in his.

I smiled at Aro feebly and took his hand. His brows furrowed in confusion as he looked between Jane and me.

"It looks as if all her memories are coated by a fog, I can only see bits and pieces and can not get through the fog no matter how hard I concentrate. It also seems as if she can turn my gift back on me. Truly remarkable!" he exclaimed, grinning wickedly.
"I have never encountered anything like this before."

I smiled back at him, but seconds later he frowned.

"From what I saw in Jane's mind, you seem to be aware that you aren't supposed to know of our existence. Though you are a little too young to be changed..."

What I didn't know was that, at that very moment, my fate as a member of the Volturi guard was sealed forever.

After a while we came to the conclusion that the best decision would be to wait until I turn eighteen- an idea suggested by Marcus, which we all quickly agreed to. We also decided to contact my parents, and, without actually informing them of the vampire world and its laws, the three kings somehow managed to convince my parents -probably with a little help from Corin- to stay in Italy and enroll me into a local secondary school.

A few days later my parents went back to America to rent our house out and ship whatever they could to Italy.

After a few months of everyday Italian lessons from Sulpicia, I knew the basics which allowed me to communicate, although barely, with my new peers.

And that is how the next few years of my life went- the Volturi, despite being the ruthless enforcers of vampire laws, became a family to me.

Due to being 'close in age', the witch twins and me have become inseparable.
Jane easily slipped into the role of the protective older sister. Alec and I acted like the typical siblings and despite insulting each other at any chance we got, we cared for each other deeply. Even Heidi, despite not liking me at first and swearing that I would become her next meal on multiple occasions, quickly warmed up to me (although she would rather die than admit to it) and took to entertaining me with friendly banter.

I finished middle school and decided on being homeschooled during the first year of high school. I figured that, having millennia worth of knowledge, my new family will teach me more than any teacher ever could.

And I was right. Aside from the required curriculum and exams I had to take to make my education official, they taught me a lot about arts and music- Jane, who became my best friend, and whom I loved like a sister, taught me to play the piano. Since I wanted to major in art in college (which would probably be in about twenty years if all went well), they focused more on teaching me art history and, as a birthday surprise, signed me up for singing lessons and also bought me my own grand piano.

Those who remembered bits and pieces from their human lives, taught me a bit of history and told me the stories of their transformations.

Thanks to being around my vampire family most of the time, I became almost fluent in Italian. At some point, seeing how happy I was around them, they gave me the choice to move in.
I immediately agreed and, within a week, after a bit of painting and some furniture and clothing shopping trips with Heidi, my new room was finished and my closet was stocked.

Driving lessons from Alec taken over the course of the next few years allowed me to get my permit early so I could get to school without bothering them- I was immensely grateful.

On my sixteenth birthday, I got a special surprise- my very own, silver crest necklace from the three kings, (who, at some point, I started calling uncles), and from Jane, her first ever cloak, which was dark gray and reached my ankles.

I also got a surprise from my parents, which, as I learned later, was a surprise from everyone. It was a plane ticket to America, so I could finish high school (and spend my last years as a human) having a normal high school experience.
I, of course, agreed to go, since I wanted to see America for the last time in however many years it would take me to gain enough control to be on a plane.

In the evening, we began our preparations.

As a parting gift, without my parents' knowledge, of course, I got my own credit card and, to wear, instead of my easily noticeable necklace, I got a beautiful, silver bracelet from Heidi- with a small engraving, 𝓛. 𝒱, standing for Luna Volturi- respectively.

As we embarked on a journey towards the airport, I couldn't have been happier. I had two loving families and was about to get my little bit of independence.