•𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧• (edited)

I looked down at the green canopy as the plane descended towards the Port Angeles airport.

It was this rainy, green area, I would spend the last years of my mortal life in.

I was grateful that the place my family got me tickets to was far from the big city, which I didn't feel any pull towards- I spent twelve years in one, after all. Getting off the plane, I grabbed my small luggage and hailed a cab.

The drive to the small town of Forks was uneventful and kind of boring, but I didn't mind.

I looked out of the window and sighed.

The place was green. Too green.

I quickly texted uncle Aro asking for the address, as it had slipped my mind before I left and now that information would come in handy.

The driver couldn't have been much older than me- three to four years at most. He kept trying to initiate a conversation, a rather pathetic attempt at small talk, but I was much too tired to entertain him. After relaying the address to the young man, I zoned out. I thought of what the next few years might bring- and even though I probably wouldn't be able to stay in touch with any friends I made here, I decided to make the best of it.

The next morning, after sleeping my jet lag off, I decided to check out the place- I didn't have time to do it beforehand due to tiredness, but now, waking up with two hours to spare before school, I had some time to explore.

First thing first, my mission of the morning was going to the kitchen to make some much needed coffee. I grinned victoriously, finding a few jars of my favorite coffee from Italy in the cabinet over the sink.

A certain someone must have sent them here before my arrival. 

With a cup of freshly brewed, steaming liquid in hand, I ventured to explore further. The bathroom, just like my bedroom, covered in black marble with gold accents, was similar to the one back in Italy.

Roaming the house, I realized that the interior must have been designed just for me- the mirrors, lamps and floor tiles were the exact same ones I took interest in during shopping with Heidi.

As I was walking through the living room, Something on the table caught my eye- a sleek, black car key, adorned with a golden emblem.

You've got to be kidding me, I thought as I picked it up.

Almost in a daze, I walked into the garage.

And there it was- my favorite car, which I borrowed from uncle's garage more times than I'd like to admit and thought he knew nothing of it.

Though, the car lacked the personalized license plates, instead the vehicle bore license plates suggesting its registration in Washington. There was a small, rose scented air freshener hanging on the rear view mirror, probably in order to conceal any traces of vampire scents.

In a rush, I pulled out my phone and called him, knowing that he would be awake no matter what time it currently was.

"So I see you've found your little present" immediately came a voice from the other side of the line.

"Are you kidding me? How did you know?" I asked, still in shock.

"We hear more than you think, cara mia" he laughed, making me realize that, indeed, he wasn't completely oblivious to my escapades.

"Stupid vampire hearing" I grumbled under my breath, eliciting a chuckle from the 'stupid vampire' in question.

"Also, Heidi here is asking me to tell you to go upstairs and head to the first room on the right, by her excitement I am guessing it might be a closet" he laughed and I ran upstairs as fast as my legs could carry me.