•𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬•

𝘓𝘶𝘯𝘢

When I woke up, it was four in the morning.

I sat up and looked around- I was alone, but I could hear someone upstairs trying to walk quietly.

I chuckled at their attempts. They were trying to act human and honestly, I had to admit- they were doing a good job.

I stretched, turning onto my other side and decided to go to sleep for a few more hours. It was way too early for me to be up, and the couch was quite comfortable.

I woke up again around six.

The Cullens were already in the kitchen, pretending to clean up after breakfast, talking quietly between each other.

Yawning, I mumbled a 'good morning' as I walked over to them.

"Good morning. Sandwiches? Sadly my kids ate most of them but there are still a few left for you" smiled Esme, gesturing to the 'leftover' sandwiches.

It warmed my heart to see that they made breakfast for me.
I sat down, happily munching on a cheese sandwich. They were good- Esme really did know how to prepare a meal, even if it was just a simple breakfast.

Before I finished my first sandwich, Rosalie slid a steaming cup of coffee in front of me with a smile.

"Bon appetite" she said, sitting down on a stool. I returned her smile and just nodded at her, seeing as it isn't really polite to talk with your mouth full.

The vampires gathered around the table, sending each other meaningful looks from time to time, as if hesitant to speak up. I raised my eyebrow, looking at Jasper, whose eyes were boring into the side of my head.

"So, we have a proposition for ya. Since prom's next year, and you're the only person we really got acquainted with, would ya like to attend prom with us?" He finally asked, earning looks of approval from the rest of the family.

My heart melted. The family that barely knew me, treated me as one of their own. And somehow they knew that I was feeling a bit lonely and basically took me in.

At that moment I decided that, after my change, I would protect this family with my entire life, even if I had to keep my distance.

𝘌𝘥𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥

After Luna fell asleep, we all got up and decided to let her sleep on the couch- we weren't sure if she would be comfortable sleeping in either of our rooms.

Having brought a pillow from her own room, Alice tucked her in and we all quietly moved upstairs.

A few hours later we heard her stir, but she quickly went back to sleep.

When morning came, we went downstairs to find her sprawled across the couch, one of her hands almost touching the carpet.

Esme stared at her with utter adoration, already thinking of the girl as her daughter.

Knowing that the girl would be hungry when she wakes up, she quickly made her way to the kitchen to make sandwiches for Luna.

A few minutes later, Alice's eyes glazed over as she perked up.
"She's going to wake up in five minutes" she whispered, and we quickly busied ourselves with "cleaning up".

True to her words, a  few minutes later, we heard Luna stir.

She yawned, sitting up.
After rubbing her eyes for a good minute, she got up and walked over to us, mumbling a sleepy 'good morning'. She was the first human we had seen in this state and it brought us great amusement to see the girl who usually had good control of her reflexes, so clumsy and sleepy.

Esme immediately offered her the sandwiches which she ate happily.

Rosalie made coffee for the young girl, surprising us all. Not only did she like Luna but she took care of her? That was new.

Luna gratefully accepted the cup, smiling and nodding at Rosalie.

"So, we have a proposition for you. Since prom is next year, and you're the only person we really got acquainted with, would you want to attend prom with us?" asked Jasper.

Luna smiled and nodded and at that moment, thankfully to the girl's oblivion, Alice was struck with a vision.

The vision showed our family living, judging by the snow, back in Alaska.

We were waking through the woods behind our house, laughing and joking around.

Suddenly, we noticed a black figure in the distance, at the edge of the woods, staring right at us, Jasper noting the bittersweet feeling coming from the cloaked person.

As we curiously started approaching the figure, they turned around and ran.

I noticed the silver crest on the pendant hanging from the figure's neck.

Volturi. Elite guard.

What in the world would Volturi want from us and why would they be watching us?

As the vision ended, we both realized something.

Luna was not with us. Even though I knew she would eventually go back to Italy to live out her mortal life, we all cared about her and wished for her to stay.

A wave of sadness engulfed me, and Jasper looked at me curiously. I just shook my head and turned my attention back to Luna.

The girl was lost in thought, finishing her coffee, completely unaware of what just happened.

Or so we thought.