•𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠•

Science.

A subject I despised with a passion.

Despite Sulpicia's knowledge and passion for science, I did not seem to understand a thing.

I sat in the almost empty classroom, fighting the urge to repeatedly bash my head against the table.
Instead, I just groaned and laid my head on the cold surface.

"Not a fan of science?"
My head unwillingly raised upon hearing the honey- like voice. A gorgeous blonde looked at me with a small smile, sitting in the empty seat next to me.

"Not really. I'm more of the artistic type." She chuckled and looked at me, as if analyzing my very existence.

"I'm Rosalie."

"Luna" I replied, shaking her hand.

"So, I heard you were from Italy" she mentioned after a brief silence.

Damn it. They were suspicious.

"I was born in California. Moved to Tuscany at twelve." I hoped my brief answer would satisfy her curiosity.

"How come you came here? The weather is surely way worse than in Italy."

Now it was my turn to chuckle. "The tickets were a birthday present, it was my choice whether I wanted to come. I wanted to be independent for a while so here I am."

She looked at me thoughtfully. "So you live alone?"

I nodded at that.

"My family stayed in Italy. They're probably glad to be rid of me." I joked, turning my attention to the teacher, who had just started explaining something I was almost certain Sulpicia had already tried-and failed- to drill into my head. With a sigh, I started copying the equations from the board- I would have to ask either Alec or Jane to email me copies of her notes. I knew Sulpicia herself would consider it cheating, but what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her, though it could, and probably would, give me a chance at passing this class.

"You look bored", the blonde noted, looking at me quizzically.

"Not bored, just a bit tired" I replied, stifling a yawn.

Rosalie smiled and went back to taking her notes, indicating that the conversation- no matter how awkward- was now over.

Since science was my last class of the day, as soon as the bell rang I headed to the front office to give my slip back and slowly walked out of the school.

As I got into the car, my phone rang. I dug through the bag, trying to find the cursed contraption. Back home, we didn't use phones much, they were reserved for emergencies. The castle had an intercom system and that was what we used to communicate among each other.
Finally fishing it out of my bag, I grinned, seeing Aro's name on the display.

"Hi uncle" I greeted, putting my bag onto the passenger seat.

"Hello cara mia, hope I am not bothering. How is your first day going?"came a voice from the other end of the line.

"I just got out of class. You won't believe what my last class of the day is. Pure torture!" I groaned.

I heard a few laughs from the other end. "Stop laughing, Aunt Picia. If you didn't manage to drill all that knowledge into my head, imagine the pain dealing with me is going to put this teacher through". I sighed, resting my head on the steering wheel.

"You will be fine. Also, Heidi went out for a while but she asked for daily updates on your outfits."

I couldn't help but laugh at that. Heidi, the queen of  'if you don't stop talking I will personally make sure you don't live to see tomorrow' wanted to see my outfits.
Though, I knew it wasn't just about the outfits. Receiving daily photos from me would ensure them all that I was alright. It was their way of checking up on me without being overbearing.

"Sorry, I don't make the rules. Oh, also if you are going to send her photos, think about getting a new phone. That old brick of yours is on the brink of dying" She laughed.

I groaned. Indeed, my phone had definitely seen better days, or, as Heidi often teased, the contraption had definitely seen the fall of Rome.

"I'll go right after school so she can receive her first outfit update from a shiny, new device" I responded, the sarcasm not going unnoticed by their keen ears, as a collective laugh sounded on the other side.

"Have you made any new friends?" He asked curiously. And here it goes. The one question I was hoping he wouldn't ask. I was wondering whether I should tell him about the Cullens, although I finally decided against it.

"I wouldn't consider them friends, but I talked to a few girls. We had lunch together." I gave as little information as possible, still unsure of how to approach the topic of an entire vampire coven attending the same school, hell, the same classes, as me.

"Well, we won't bother you any longer. Go shopping and get some sleep. Also, your credit card is linked to the foundation, feel free to spend however much you like" she said happily.

Ah yes, how could I forget the sleek, black square of plastic, linked to the Saint Marcus Foundation of Arts. Ironic, really.

I said my goodbyes and drove out of the parking lot, towards Seattle, completely unaware of the five pale people in the lot who just heard the whole thing.

I knew I would not make it to the city before the evening, but I had time. As I got to Seattle, I quickly found a mall, holding all of the items I needed.

I was done with my shopping fairly quickly, and soon I found myself on the way back to Forks.