•𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬•

𝘓𝘶𝘯𝘢

As I arrived home later that day, I decided to call uncle Aro.

I had several questions for him, all of them concerning my new friends.

I quickly changed into sweats and got ready for bed. I laid down on my bed and dialed his number.

"Hello cara mia" I heard his voice after a few rings.

"Hi uncle" I answered with a sigh.
"I have a few questions for you, about your friend's coven."

Aro laughed.
"I knew you would want to know more at some point so I did some research. Some of them are gifted. Edward reads minds, though he will probably encounter the same problem I did. The youngest girl, Alice, sees the future. Apparently her visions are influenced by people's decisions so please try to avoid making any concerning us. We really want you to be safe. The last gifted member is Jasper, an empath, he feels and projects emotions. Carlisle and Esme don't really have gifts, I'm not sure about that Rosalie girl."

I listened carefully, noting each word he said in my mind.

"Grazie." I was thankful for the knowledge I now possessed. Though, I wondered whether any of their gifts would work on me.

My mind went back to this morning's events. I recalled Alice freezing and Edward watching her curiously.

Now everything made sense. They both looked a bit sad after Alice came out of her vision. I wondered what she had seen that made them both so upset.

Judging by her reaction, it was nothing good. I was only hoping that, whatever she saw, I would be able to protect them from.

I talked to Aro for a while, as he caught me up on what was happening back home.

Apparently, Jane and Alec went off on a mission somewhere and the rest of the guard got a few days off.

I found out that my parents were gifted a cottage- one of Volturi's properties near Rome and were spending a lot of time there and thinking of moving in.

They got their Italian driver's licenses and took my old car, since I now had my Porsche.

I also found out that we had an addition to the guard- a fairly young girl, Louisa, who was psychokinetic.
She was left by her sire to fend for herself and when Felix found her during a stroll through the town, she threw him into a building in order to protect herself.

I had a feeling we would become quick friends.

I talked to uncle for hours, and before I knew it, it was midnight.

I quickly said my goodbyes and got ready for bed.

As I laid in bed, glancing at the stars outside my window, I thought about the upcoming New Years celebration.

I wished that, just like Christmas, I could spend it with my family but now I knew that it was impossible.

Even if I managed to somehow make it to Italy and back in the span of a few days, Alice's precognitive powers would get me found out faster than I could think of the word 'Volturi'.

I thought about the Cullens- even though my friendship with the family was getting stronger day by day, I knew that the days of that friendship were numbered.
I would have to cut all contact with both them and Evelyn and completely disappear off the face of the earth before I was changed.

It's hard to keep long distance friendships alive, let alone when you can't ever allow your friends to see your unchanged appearance.

That thought saddened me a bit. I've grown to love that little vampire family who was nothing but kind to me. I knew I couldn't leave without a goodbye but I also couldn't tell them "see you again" because we would never be seeing each other again.