Chapter 21

It had been a week since I had gotten my cast put on and already a lot less painful, meaning I could do most things on my own now. Things had been going really well since the night me and Jesse had a pamper night and talked.

Our only rule was that we couldn't leave, that wasn't bad right. I was convincing myself I could stay here for as long as I needed to be, at least I was never lonely.

The voice in my head trying to just an faint echo, i would be lying if i said i could ignore it always. However the echo felt like it was the voice of the girl i was not who i am now. I dont know which i like more but in this moment it was easier to ignore the past.

Today's was Calum's birthday. Jesse and I had tried and failed at making a cake, the boys had all tried and failed to make a full English breakfast and we had all tried and failed to decorate the tided house

The boys were all going out to celebrate and wouldn't be home till the morning. They had decided not to go as we would be left at home alone but we had convinced them to.

"Happy birthday Calum, have fun tonight" Lucy hugged Calum as the boys left "I'll see you tomorrow and I will make you a successful full english in the morning"

"What would I do without you" he smiled "bye guys" he shouted back waved back to us walking out to the taxi.

"Bye, happy birthday" I called waving goodbye to all the boys before Michael closed and locked the door from the outside. My smiled dropped as I watched the door closed, it always made me feel disconnected from myself for a moment. It never felt great to watch a door be locked in front of you especially when you did have the key.

"Yay doesn't it feel great to be locked in" Lucy sarcastically cheered as she walked back though to the tv room.

"Well it could be worse" Jesse pointed out trying to make things better, and not succeeding.

"Shut up Jesse" Beth scoffed turning over the channels to find something to watch.

"She was only trying to help" I said to Beth furrowing my eyebrows slightly, "just because your in a bad mood today doesn't mean you have to take it out on Jesse"

"Whatever" Beth rolled her eyes not bothering to look at me, I didn't know what wrong with Beth but she was really in a bad mood today. I got up and walked out the room grabbing Jesses arm and pulling her after me.

"Someones in a bad mood" Jesse said as I dragged her behind me to the kitchen, I looked around at her questioning if she was refusing me or Beth "I mean Beth, not you" she said holding her hands up surrendering.

"How about we celebrate in our own way" I smirked wriggling my eye brows. We hadn't drank all of our booze and this seamed like the perfect time to drink.

"I'll get the glasses" she smiled like a little kid who had just been given a years free supply of candy.

~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next day laid next to a toilet, at that moment I wasn't sure who's toilet it was but I knew it wasn't mine, I slowly sat up feeling a sharp pain in the side if my head. I looked around noticing Jesse feet dangling out the bath tub.

"Jesse" I said my throat sore, and even speaking made me unsure if I was going to be sick or not. We had found a secret stash of booze in the house and taken full advantage.

"Yeah" I heard a quiet voice whisper back form inside the bath.

"Who's bathroom are we in ?" I asked seriously unsure, I tried to stand but due to the complete lack of energy and brain power I feel back against the toilet. I took a few deep breaths trying to cure my light headedness and to stop myself from being sick.

"Umm I think this is Michaels" she answered propping herself up on her elbows "The towels are black"

"Jesse, why are we in Michaels bathroom ?" I replied, closing my eyes attempting to shut out the light.

"Good question, why are you in my bathroom?" A frustrated voice came from the door, my eyes shot open. At first my vision went blurry so I blink a few times to see Michael stood at the door.

"I don't know" I whined slurring the sentence together slightly, re-shutting my eye. I knew I should probably be worried but I was too hungover to care.

"Christ Ava, here you are we have been looking everywhere oh my god. Are you you two hungover?" Ashton sighed walking over to me, sliding his arms under my mine, helping me up "how much did you drink ? You're worse than we are"

"When did you even get in there" Micheal asked "I peed in that toilet when I got back, you were definitely not here"

"Hey you all go out drinking all the time, our tolerance ain't what it used to be okay" Jesse protested loudly, throwing her arms into the air ignoring Micheal's questions.

"Look, you sort them out I have enough to deal with without those two" Michael sighed walking in circles making me feel dizzy.

"Look at least we found these two, don't worry about Beth it will be fine" Ashton said trying Michael down, I had no clue what he was taking about.

"She's gone Ashton, they both have" Michael shouted throwing his arms in the air, storming back into his bedroom.

"Someone moody" Jesse giggled, the room was silent, i saw her head slowly appear from inside the tub "wait Beths gone where?"

"No ones gone" Ashton said calmly

"Ash I'm tired" I moaned throwing my arm around Ashton neck "Take us to bed"

"Right come on" Ashton sighed helping me walk to my room. When we arrived at my room, he laid me down on my bed and pulled the duvet over me, softly placing a kiss on my fore head making me smile "I'll be back in a sec with Jesse"

"Can you bring me water" I whined rolling over to my side, watching Ashton walk out my room, I closed my eyes as they were still sensitive to the light and tried to fall back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up next it was almost four in the afternoon, I hadn't eaten all day and had real started to crave something greasy. I noticed Jesse sat on the sofa in the corner, she looked really upset I assumed she was just badly hungover.

"You okay ?" I asked, causing her to look up form whatever she was holding and shook her head. She started to cry again biting her lip, I patted the bed next to me gesturing for her to come tell me wats wrong.

"I found this under the pillow" she muttered stumbling over, holding up a note "read it" she ordered handing me the note to me, I looked down at the piece of paper worried about what it could say.

To Ava and Jesse,

First of all we're sorry, really sorry. I had to get out of there, I love you all but I have done my time. I could only take one one other person with me and I couldn't leave Lucy behind. I never mean to upset you tonight we just needed to be alone so we could go without you seeing. I wish we could've saved you too but i just couldn't get us all out safely. I have a plan to help you both but i don't know how long it will take. We can't go to the police. I couldn't do that to them, I hope you understand that. I'm sorry we never said goodbye it was too hard.

- Beth x

Just like that the bubble burst. They had popped it as they walked out leaving us behind. 

I looked up at Jesse tears streaming down my cheeks "why would they leave us behind ?" I cried out dropping the letter and hugging her tightly.

"I don't know" she whispered stroking my back

"Do you think they will ever let us leave now" I asked 

"I don't know" She replied rereading the note over and over trying to make sense of what she was reading.

"We still have each other. Maybe we could be happy here" I wasn't sure if I was reassuring her or myself.

 "Do you think they'll come back for us" She spoke softly between breaths.

I whipped my streaming eyes "No"

We both laid back onto the bed, no other words were spoken. We just cried and held each other tightly.