Chapter 20

It had been three days since I fell off Ashton's bed and hurt my stupid arm, and it was still so swollen and starting to really bruise.

Ashton was definitely concerned, he checked in on me almost hourly. Nothing more had been said about the situation since Ashton and I spoke. We had all said what we needed to to each other.

"Where is it " Jesse said rummage through the sofa cushions to find the remote. We had been binge watching netflix as we didn't have much else to do.

"It's literally on the sofa arm next to you" I sighed getting up and stretching "I'm going to get us a snack"

"Okay, don't be long or i'm just going to start without you" she said trying to find something new to watch.

I went to the kitchen and picked up a jar of peanut-butter and two spoons for me and Jesse.

I walked back to the TV room, balancing everything in one hand, only dropping a spoon. I was going to just give that one to Jesse.

"What have you got there?" Jesse asked clapping her hands as I walked in.

"Peanut-butter" I said handing it to Jesse so she could open it.

"Oh wow you know how to treat a woman right" she smiled joking gasping, when we were both ready sat with the peanut-butter between us, she pressed play.

We were about half way though a shitty horror film when all four boys walked into the room. I was guessing they had just got back from somewhere as they all had their shoes and coats on.

"Come on Ava" Michael sighed, "We all have to waste our day to take you to the doctors"

"Wait what ?" I looked at Ashton for answers.

"We're going to take you to the hospital. They all want to come with a make sure you're alright" Ashton rolled his eyes at Micheal.

"More like you guys want to come to make sure I keep quite" I corrected him.

"Both reasons" Ashton responded knowing I was correct "Can you go change, we don't want to be late"

"Are we going now ?" I asked shocked, it was a lot to suddenly process. Weirdly I felt overwhelmed at the thought of going out in the world again after the shopping trip.

"Yeah, Ben is friends with a doctor and a small private clinic about an hour away. He got us an appointment without having to apply to the clinic as patient so there is not record of anything" Michael explained.

"Okay give me a minute" I quickly jumped up to go change.

I rushed to find something comfortable to wear not giving myself time to dwell on my thoughts. I ran quickly to the bathroom to looked at myself in the mirror quickly.

I looked as emotional exhausted as I felt. I let my hair down and brush it out in an attempt to look less drain before giving up and going back to the lounge.
The boys weren't there anymore.

"They're waiting at the door for you" Jesse spoke, she looked at me nervously "Are you planning on coming back?"

"I have tried not to think about it" I replied honestly "But truthfully I don't think I could bring myself to try anything"

"Please don't leave me" She asked "I want to us to leave this place together. Please don't abandon me here"

"I would never abandon you" I hugged Jesse tightly knowing I meant what I had said "Ive got to go"

"Good luck" She called after me as I left.

~~~~~~

We arrived at the clinic after what felt like forever. When we arrived silence fell upon the car for a moment. I pulled off my blindfold and saw the very hospital like building.