Chapter 21 -part 2

"Okay guys, we need to think what would they do. Would they have gone home or to the police and who got them out, I mean someone had to help them leave" Michael said breaking the silence at the dinner table "I still have my key, what about you Calum? Did Lucy take it" .

"Are you serious I opened the door with my key when we got back, you know I have it and obviously they will have gone to the police already" Calum snapped. He looked ill his skin was paler than normal, he had huge bags under his eyes, I could see how much Lucy leaving had hurt him.

Lucy and Calum were probably the least complicated pair out of all of us, they had always seamed so content with this life as long as they were together. I wish Lucy had spoken to me about her feelings recently, I knew she didn't want to be here but I didn't think she would leave without a word.

I looked over to Jesse not sure if I should say something or leave it, she nodded her head slightly before turning back to Luke. I gave her a small smile back before turning to look at Ashton.

"They won't tell anyone" I said bluntly. I could feel everyone turn and stare at me blankly.

"How do you know they won't ? For all we know you're in on this and you helped them leave" Michael snapped towards me, I hated how he was treating me but I knew he's only trying to protect himself from being hurt.

"Dude what the fuck, that's not helping" Ashton said frustratedly, furrowing his eyebrows. We all sat in silence at the sight of Ashton swearing, I had to admit I made me laugh a little under my breath.

"I'm just saying, they could all be plotting against us" Michael rolled his eyes leaning back on his chair.

"Could you blame them" Luke scoffed finally speaking up "Seriously you can't act like we are victims here"

"He is right" Calum said nodding, backing Luke up.

"No, you don't understa-" Michael tried to defend himself but was cut off by Ashton.

"You know it's true Michael, they deserve their freedom. We will just have to wait as see if they go to the police or not. We will have to pay for what we did eventually" Ashton sighed putting an arm around me pulling me closer to him. I smile at what Ashton had said knowing he truly meant it.

"So what do we do now. Just sit and wait" Michael continued. I looked around the table everyone had blank faces, just staring down that the table.

"I'm not leaving the house" Luke said firmly "I'm staying and if the consequences come knocking, I will face them"

"Me to" Ashton proclaimed.

I didn't know my future and at that moment I didn't care. Ashton wasn't leaving, and I didn't know if I wanted to leave without him. Beth and Lucy may have been ready to venture back into the outside world alone but I wasn't.

"I'm not leaving, there's nothing out there for us" Calum added "Michael?"

"Where would I go, you guys are all I have" Michael answered sounding defeated "I guess we all agree then, we all stay"

Poppy and I eyes meet, I couldn't tell what either of us were thinking but I decided to speak for the both of us.

"We will stay too" I spoke, a look of shock appeared on all the boys faces.

"Ava" Ashton went to speak but was cut off by Poppy.

"We will stay" Poppy repeated what I had said "I'm not ready for what's out there"

"Poppy I won't let you" Luke argued "You deserve better than to live within these wall forever. No, I won't let you. You have a family waiting for you to come home, you have a life waiting for you"

"It's not your choice" She replied "I'm staying"

"There is so much out there for you both" Luke pleaded "Please give us time and we can figure this all out and take you home"

"No" I protested "If i go home I will never see you again"

"Why would you want to" Micheal argued.

"Ava, why would you choose us over going home" Ashton questioned, he didn't seam proud he earned my love, it was what he had originally set out for and now he had it, it didn't seam so sweet.

"What do you want me to say Ashton, that I cant imagine going through my life without you. That you may have kidnapped me but the thought of going back to my life with you all rotting in a cell is torcher. People will want answers Ash if I leave the police will eventually find you. My mother won't accept I actually kinda liked then in the end it's cool don't worry about the fact the abducted me" I admitted.

"Ava you can't choose us over living your life" Calum jumped in.

"No you chose that for me" I snapped, I didn't mean to sound so harsh.

"I know and for that we deserve whatever happens to us, you deserve to forget about us and be happy" He argued back "But I won't let you choose this"

"You don't get to choose this time" Poppy said  calmly "Please, I don't want to talk about it anymore"

"We are going to fix this" Micheal spoke confidently but I could see none of us had a solution.

We sat silently, everyone thinking to themselves.

~~~~~~~~

"Are you okay ?" Ashton asked walking into my room. I had been hiding away and thinking about what I had said. I still stood by it but I felt guilty for choosing myself over my family.

He continued "I mean you became really good friends with Lucy and Beth. Did you have any idea they had a plan to leave without you and Jesse"

"I'm upset because they abandon me and Jesse in the night without telling us but not because they left us here with you" I whispered closing my eyes tightly so I didn't cry. He climbed onto the bed and patted his chest encouraging me to lay upon it.

"Do you really want to stay here?" He asked so quietly like he always wanted to believe it but couldn't accept it "You have a family out there who miss you and want to know you're safe"

"Yes" I answered "I do miss my family and my friends so much but I hated the world out there. There are awful parts of the world out there and there is so much pressure to do the right thing and grow up get a good job and be successful. This is a big house but it's a small world to live in. No one expects more from me, I can just exist"

"Ava I'm so sorry"

"Don't say your sorry again, please Ashton. I hate myself, it feels so wrong to like any of this because you kidnapped me but I'm not ready to leave again" I cut him off before he could continue "I can't help how I feel but I just don't want to go back anymore"

"You know i love you Ava but I won't let you"

"You don't get to decide"

"Ava, this is my safe space too. Its our little corner of the world where there is nothing but us four and the people we chose to let in. I want us to live normal lives and be free, but this, this house and these people it's all I know. You had a life out there, a good one. You need to go back and live it"

"I don't want to leave you" I cried

"I kidnapped you Ava" He protested "And I am going to set you free again. You can stay for as long as you need to but not forever. I want you to live a normal life"

"I will never live a normal life Ash"

"Yes you will, I promise I will make sure of it"

"You cant promise that"

He didn't reply, I knew he know what I said was the truth.