Chapter 22

Screams awoke me from my sleep, completely surrounded me, they echoed though me, drowning me.

My eyes shot open in a moment of pure panic, shock ran though my body, my breathing became short like someone was sat on my lungs.

I jumped out of Ashton's embrace and ran out of the  room into the corridor, leaving Ashton asleep in his bed. I followed the screams through the pitch black darkness, feeling my way along the wall to try find the source. I knew it was Jesse, i was especially sensitive to her cries at night due to normally being asleep next her.

I ran into the room where the screams bellowed from, I found a light switch and turned it on.

I burst into action when I saw it was Jesse screaming, kick and punching around, I ran up to her wondering where Luke was. This was his room.

I held jesse's arms downs so she couldn't punch me and tried to slowly calm her down. I knew I shouldn't wake her up, but I needed to calm her down so she would stop screaming.

After a moment she stop and her breathing slowed down to a normal pace. Suddenly she was sleeping normally again, I climbed off the bed and took a breath.

I noticed the bathroom light was on through the cracks around the door. I wondered where Luke could be, surly he would've heard Jesse if he was in there. I pulled the handle down and pushed the door gently with my foot. The door swung open and my eyes immediately fell on Lukes' body.

He was laid on the floor in a pool of blood.

I stood in shock for a second before rushing over to him. I reached out my hands to shake him but I stopped I saw the snapped belt around his neck.

I froze.

I forced myself to look up and saw a the other half of the broken belt still hanging from the ceiling. Immediately I cried out feeling myself falling backward. My back slid down the wall as my hands cover my weeping eyes.

I took a deep breath before crawling over him. I took another breath before reaching to find his his pulse.

My shaky breath was so deafening so I held it as iI waited to feel the blood pump through his body.

My eyes opened and I released the air out my lungs as I felt a faint pulse beneath my fingers.

He looked peacefully asleep except from his hair had gone from blonde to a blood red.

I saw he had a nose bleed, I quickly grabbed a tissue and covered his nose nose, I leaned over his body slightly to see the back of his head.

It was clear this was where the blood was coming from. I pulled a towel down off the radiator next to me and held it firmly at the back of his skull.

I inhaled sharply and screamed as loud as I could for as long as I could before could hold it back and i began to sob.

"Ashton" I cried out.

"Ashton" I cried out again

Over and over I cried his name.

"What" I heard in a panicked voice behind me. I immediately recognised his voice. I heard him gasp in genuinely horror.

"Call an ambulance pleasee please call an ambulance please call one please" I begged and begged.

He did say a word. Backing out the room and running out the room.

"Ava " Jesses voice rang through my ears from the bedroom. Her words immediately drowning out everything else.

"Dont come in Jesse" I ordered, trying to stop my own cries to not worry her more.