chapter ten.

🌃

"Park Jisung is my soulmate." Chenle whispered.

He was at a loss for words. He could only stare at his wrist and replay Jisung's words in his mind. His smile. All Chenle could think about was the fact that as soon as Chenle spoke to him,  Jisung knew. Jisung smiled because he knew Chenle was his soulmate and that was making Chenle malfunction.

"I told you! I told you to talk to him but you never did! You never listened and guess what, I was right!" Haechan finally burst. Luckily, there were no other customers in the store so they weren't disturbing the peace.

"Why are you yelling?!!" Taeil shouted from the register.

"Park Jisung is Chenle's Soulmate!!" Haechan shrieked.

Taeil jumped over the counter and ran over to where Haechan was. He stopped in front of them and looked extremely happy.

"Are you serious?! Wait, aren't you in the same Literature class? How the hell have you two never talked before?" Taeil began.

"He was always too scared to talk to him but finally after crushing on him for over a year, he finally spoke to him. Look at these words!" Haechan beamed and shoved Chenle's wrist in Taeil's face.

'But true love is worth a little pain.'

"AWWW! Did Jisung tell you that? Man, I want to meet my soulmate." Taeil pouted.

"You did meet your soulmate but you were completely wasted." Chenle responded monotonously.

"Well, yeah but he hasn't looked for me since and I don't know what he looks like so it's not like I can go looking for him." Taeil sighed and Haechan rested his hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"Park Jisung? Is my soulmate?" Chenle repeated as he stared absentmindedly at the floor.

"Yes, he is. Now stop repeating it before I punch you." Haechan threatened.

"You guys should start heading home. It's pretty late and Renjun is waiting for you two at home, isn't he?" Taeil mentioned.

"He's the one that decided to pretend to be sick so he didn't have to talk to Jeno and Jaemin." Haechan complained.

"I should call in sick tomorrow." Chenle whispered.

"NO!" Both Haechan and Taeil shouted in the younger's ears. He completely snapped out of his daze and covered his ears.

"OWW! That hurt you know." Chenle screeched.

"Yeah, well my head hurts every time you laugh." Haechan fired back. Chenle scoffed at his comeback and crossed his arms.

"That's a bunch of lies because you always say that you love my laugh." Chenle huffed.

"Those were the lies." Haechan jokes.

"Whatever, you liar." Chenle pouted.

"You should really be heading home." Taeil reminded them.

They nodded in agreement and went to pick up their bags from where they were sitting. Taeil walked them out and kept an eye on them, he made sure they were safe and got on the bus safely. He was thankful that he was able to buy a building near campus but right in front of a bus stop. This way, college students would come to his store to buy any necessary books and he could make sure his kids got on the bus safely.

Closing hour was approaching so Taeil began turning off some of the lights and grabbed a book from a random shelf. He sat by the register and waited until it was time to go home. He would have gone home early since he had no customers but he liked waiting until closing time.

🌃

During the entire bus ride, Chenle kept repeating the same sentence over and over again. It was driving Haechan insane but he endured it. When they finally arrived home, they were surprised to see all the lights on inside. Haechan unlocked the front door and walked in to find Renjun sleeping on the living room couch.

"What the heck are you doing with all the lights on!!!!" Haechan screeched.

Renjun screamed and jolted up so quickly that he managed to fall off the couch. He sat up on the floor with half open eyes and rubbed his shoulder. He glared at Haechan, who was just rolling around on the ground laughing his ass off.

Chenle went around the house and turned off any lights that didn't need to be on, leaving only a few turned on.

"You scared me, you little bitch." Renjun spat and got up off the ground.

"Nobody told you to fall asleep in the living room with all the lights on." Haechan fired back and threw himself on the large L-shaped couch.

"I was waiting for you two." Renjun whispered.

"Where were you anyways! It's late and you were supposed to come home right after class but you didn't! And why does Chenle look like he just saw a ghost!?" Renjun fumed.

"We didn't tell you to skip class, did we? You missed quite an eventful day." Haechan sighed.

"Why? What happened?" Renjun asked curiously.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Haechan teased. Renjun smacked his lips and rolled his eyes at Haechan's response.

"Come on, just tell me." Renjun pleaded.

"No. If you wanted to know so badly then you should have been there." Haechan crossed his arms and looked away dramatically.

"Park Jisung is my soulmate?" Chenle whispered.

Haechan huffed in annoyance, the younger had been repeating that same sentence for about an hour and Haechan was so close to duck taping his mouth shut. On the other hand, Renjun looked over at Chenle in disbelief. He couldn't believe the words that just left Chenle's mouth, the boy he's had a crush on for a year was his soulmate.

"Chenle, If you don't stop repeating that I will staple your mouth shut. Don't test me, I'll do it!" Haechan threatened. 

"Jisung is your soulmate?" Renjun repeated in disbelief. Haechan just groaned and walked away from the two idiots that were in disbelief.

"Why do they have such a hard time comprehending that they've finally found their soulmates." Haechan muttered. He walked towards his room and let Chenle explain the situation to Renjun, right now, the only thing Haechan wanted to do was take a hot shower.

He turned his room's door knob and he caught a glimpse of the black bold letters imprinted on his wrist. He sighed and began to wonder if he would find his soulmate soon.