chapter thirty.

Ten walked Jungwoo to Lucas' current class and left him there. Ten had offered to stay with him and wait but Jungwoo assured him that he would be fine on his own. Jungwoo waited outside of Lucas' class for almost an hour. He waited patiently for his soulmate to walk out the door.

When the door opened, he sprung to his feet and watched Lucas walk out of the classroom. He shut the door behind him and when he turned back around he jumped in surprise. A wide smile spread across his lips as he looked at Jungwoo. Jungwoo noticed this and his heart started pounding against his chest.

If he's so happy to see me, why has he been ignoring my calls and messages? Jungwoo thought to himself.

"Jungwoo! What are you doing here?" Lucas smiled.

"I needed to talk to you." Jungwoo whispered.

"Really? About what?" Lucas wondered.

"Well, I. Is your class over? How come you're the only one that came out?" Jungwoo changed the subject.

"Oh, no. I just asked to go to the restroom. I'm still taking my midterm, it's a written exam so it's taking longer than I would have hoped." Lucas sighed.

"Oh. I forgot you had exams. I'm sorry for bothering you." Jungwoo apologized.

"You're not bothering me in any way. You've been out here waiting for who knows how long, while I was inside taking a test, completely unaware that you were waiting for me out here. How is that bothering me?" Lucas grinned. Lucas ran his fingers down Jungwoo's cheek and moved a strand of his hair away from his eyes.

Jungwoo blushed furiously and looked away from Lucas. Lucas chuckled at Jungwoo's reaction and took a hold of his chin, gently lifting his head so that the two were making eye contact. Lucas looked into Jungwoo's eyes with so much affection, Jungwoo didn't understand why he was acting like this.

"D-Didn't you h-h-have to use the bathroom?" Jungwoo stuttered.

"No, I'm happy right here." Lucas smiled and took a step closer to Jungwoo. On impulse, Jungwoo took one step backwards, afraid of the look in Lucas' eyes.

He wasn't sure why Lucas was acting like this and he was too flustered to ask. The look in Lucas' eyes held such intensity that it made Jungwoo's legs fumble.

"Y-You sh-should go finish y-your test." Jungwoo mumbled.

"But I missed you." Lucas pouted.

Jungwoo had frozen in his spot and Lucas took this opportunity to get closer to Jungwoo. Lucas pulled him into a hug and Jungwoo was speechless.

"Y-You m-missed me?" Jungwoo questioned.

"Yes." Lucas smiled as he rested his chin on the top of Jungwoo's head.

"Then why have you been ignoring me?" Jungwoo asked. Lucas' face scrunched up in confusion.

"What do you mean? I haven't been ignoring you!" Lucas claimed.

"Yes, you have and it's been killing me. I thought you were mad at me. I thought you didn't want anything to do with me." Jungwoo whispered brokenly. He didn't want to cry but after saying his feelings out loud, he couldn't keep in all the pain.

"Y-You didn't accept my calls and you n-never texted me back. I tried ap-apologizing for my behavior last friday, I tried calling you all week but you-you didn't answer. I thought you hated me." Jungwoo sobbed silently. He felt foolish right now, he didn't know why he was so worked up but he couldn't help the way he was feeling. Lucas pulled Jungwoo into a tight hug and let him cry into his chest.

"I love you." Lucas whispered into Jungwoo's hair. 

Jungwoo didn't know how to react so he just stayed silent and held Lucas tightly.

"You should go finish your test." Jungwoo sniffled.

"No. I'm not leaving you here, like this. Without an explanation." Lucas fumed.

He was mad. He was mad at himself for making Jungwoo feel like this. This was all a misunderstanding but Lucas hated the thought that Jungwoo had been this upset, the entire week because of him.

"You can explain after your exam." Jungwoo whispered. "I'll wait for you."

Lucas took Jungwoo's face into his big hands and wiped away his tears. His eyes were puffy and red, he still looked absolutely beautiful but Lucas hated to see him with such sadness in his eyes.

"No." Lucas refused.

"If you don't finish that exam, you and I have nothing left to talk about." Jungwoo warned. Jungwoo didn't want Lucas to fail this test because he didn't understand the word timing.

"Okay, but you can't leave. I'm almost finished with the exam anyways." Lucas smiled warmly.

As Lucas walked into class, Jungwoo turned around and walked in the direction of the bathroom.

"Glad to see you could find your way back, Mr. Wong." His professor commented.

Lucas was aware that he took longer than he was supposed to take but he was so close to not even returning to class. He took a seat on his spot and resumed his exam, he was determined to finish quickly and go back to Jungwoo. He had studied so much for these exams so all the questions were easy but they were time consuming. 

"I wasn't ignoring you, I swear." Lucas swore. The exam was over, after 20 more minutes of waiting, Lucas' class was finally dismissed. Lucas had dragged Jungwoo into an empty classroom so he could apologize privately and as soon as possible.

"So why didn't you ever answer." Jungwoo sighed. He had regained his composure a little, he was less flustered and no longer crying.

"I don't have my phone. Kun hyung took it away from me on that Friday because I refused to study. I hadn't prepared for any of my exams so he kind of smacked me, took my phone and made me study. I've spent this entire week cramming and trying to pass these exams.

If I fail any of these tests, Kun said he would personally make me a girl. He can be really really scary when he's mad. I swear I haven't been ignoring you, I just haven't had my phone this entire week. I never meant to hurt you. Please, believe me." Lucas explained as he caressed Jungwoo's cheek. 

Jungwoo stayed silent which caused Lucas to grow nervous and impatient. Jungwoo was happy to know that Lucas wasn't mad at him but he was even happier with how caring and gentle that Lucas was being. He smiled and pulled Lucas into a tight hug. 

"I believe you." Jungwoo whispered into his neck.