chapter fourteen.

🌃

"I can't believe we're about to meet Johnny's soulmate." Jungwoo doubted.

"Why haven't we ever met him before? He's been dating Johnny for almost four years." Renjun questioned.

"It's because he didn't know the truth." Taeyong revealed.

"Johnny didn't want to introduce Ten to us until Johnny told him about his past and recently, Johnny told him. He doesn't know our background stories but he knows that Johnny basically raised you four." Taeil pointed at Jungwoo, Renjun, Haechan and Chenle, who looked taken aback.

"Why did he have to know the truth? He still could have introduced him to us without him knowing about his past." Chenle wondered aloud.

"To protect you." Taeyong answered.

"Once we meet Ten, he'll start hanging out with us a lot more and that means that eventually we would meet his friends and Ten has a lot of friends. If they all become a part of our life, it's going to be pretty difficult to hide our backgrounds from all of them, plus it's more people to protect you from." Taeil elaborated.

"I guess that makes sense?" Jungwoo mumbled.

"No, it really doesn't." Haechan added.

Haechan was about to ask many more questions but the doorbell beat him to it.

"Behave." Taeyong warned.

Taeyong walked over to the door and was met by Johnny as well as his soulmate, Ten.

"Hi Ten! My name is Taeyong, Lee Taeyong. It's so nice to finally meet you." Taeyong smiled.

Ten stood there in surprise and stared at Taeyong blankly for a minute. He couldn't believe that he was this gorgeous, in his eyes Johnny was much hotter but he had to admit that Taeyong was attractive.

"I think you broke him with your beauty." Johnny joked. Taeyong laughed awkwardly and rubbed the nape of his neck.

"I'm sorry. Hi, my nickname is Ten." Ten smiled, finally able to snap out of it.

"Your full name is Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul." Taeyong chimed in.

"How did you?" Ten didn't get to finish his question before Taeyong answered.

"Johnny talks about you A LOT. It's annoying sometimes." Taeyong chuckled.

Ten looked over at Johnny and smiled shyly. Johnny just smiled back and squeezed Ten's hand a bit. The two got lost in each other's eyes and Taeyong just watched the two awkwardly.

"You can come in, you know?" Taeyong blurted out.

The two snapped out of it and while Ten blushed, Johnny dragged him inside where everyone was already staring at them. The huge smiles on their faces scared Johnny and he knew that he was about to be utterly humiliated.

🌃

"He really did that?" Ten giggled.

"Yes! We got kicked out of the hotel and spent the night in the hospital! Poor Jungwoo!" Renjun laughed.

"My hip still doesn't feel completely healed." Jungwoo sighed.

They had spent the past two hours telling embarrassing stories and exposing  most of Johnny's flaws. Ten was amused and happy to be surrounded by such lively people, they all reminded him of his friends but Johnny's friends had a happier vibe. Johnny was sitting on the edge of the couch and regretting his life choices as he listened to tale after tale of his mistakes.

"What about the time we all went to the aquarium!?" Haechan started.

"Oh yeah! He broke an exhibit. I had to pay for that too." Chenle sighed.

"Okayyy, enough stories for now! It's 10, shouldn't you three be heading home?" Johnny interrupted before they could go into details.

"WOW. Are you trying to get rid of us?" Renjun challenged.

"I didn't even get to tell you about how Doyoung visited Taeil at the bookstore today and asked him on a date." Chenle sighed dramatically. Everyone's heads snapped towards him with utter surprise.

"What?" Taeyong asked.

"We should be getting home. I guess I'll just tell Haechan and Renjun the whole thing when we get home or on the bus." Chenle taunted.

"Okay." Jungwoo replied. He got up off the couch.

"It was really nice meeting you, Ten. I have a deadline coming up and I'm behind by approximately 7 chapters so Im going to have to stay up all night to finish them." Jungwoo excused himself with a wide smile. A warm smile that made the others coo.

"7 chapters?" Ten asked.

"I'm an author. I publish books for a living." Jungwoo smiled.

"He writes under a fake name but you've probably heard of him." Taeyong commented.

"I really do have to go finish." Jungwoo mentioned. He waved goodbye to the others and his sleeve slid down as he waved. The words caught Ten's attention and he squinted trying to read them. Jungwoo walked upstairs to his bedroom, leaving Ten speechless and confused.

Ten wasn't sure what the entire sentence said but he was certain that he read Lucas' name. He thought back to what Lucas' tattoo said and remembered: 'Thank you. You're quite handsome yourself.'

He was able to read three words of Jungwoo's tattoo which were, 'name is Lucas.' If Ten had to guess he would assume that the first words Lucas would say to his soulmate were some sort of pick up line.

🌃

When the night came to an end and Johnny was driving Ten home, Ten felt the sudden urge to ask Johnny a question. A question about Jungwoo's tattoo.

"Johnny? Can I ask you a question?" Ten began.

"You just did but of course." Johnny chuckled. Ten rolled his eyes at his boyfriend's lame joke.

"What does Jungwoo's tattoo say?" Ten murmured.

"You saw it?" Johnny asked.

"Not all of it but I saw Lucas' name." Ten shared.

"Lucas and Jungwoo are soulmates but they haven't met yet." Johnny admitted.

"WHAT?!" Ten snapped.

"You knew that Lucas and Jungwoo were soulmates and you haven't told them anything?!" Ten exclaimed.

"Why would I? Fate will bring them together when they're supposed to be together. I shouldn't and won't interfere with fate." Johnny declared.

"You're right. So I can't tell Lucas, he has to meet him on his own." Ten whispered.

"Well, that is how soulmates work." Johnny chuckled.

"Do you know any of the others' soulmates?" Ten asked out of curiosity.

"Norenmin, Chensung, Jaeyong and Markchan. The only one I didn't put together was Taeil and Doyoung." Johnny recited.

"What?" Ten asked in pure confusion.

"Jeno, Jaemin and Renjun are soulmates. Chenle and Jisung are soulmates. Jaehyun and Taeyong are soulmates. Mark and Haechan are soulmates." Johnny clarified.

"And you've never said anything?!" Ten asked in disbelief.

"No, because fate will work it's magic." Johnny retorted.

"I wish I hadn't asked. Now I have to keep all of this a secret." Ten sighed in frustration.

"Renjun already knows who his soulmates are and so does Chenle." Johnny added.

"Really?" Ten asked in surprise. "How?" He ended and Johnny spent the rest of the car ride explaining the situations between Norenmin and Chensung. Johnny didn't know about the events that had occurred to Chenle today so Chensung's explanation was much shorter than Norenmin's.