chapter twenty four.

🌃

Mark was currently scolding himself and avoiding eye contact with Haechan as well as his friends, who were sending him knowing glances. Haechan, on the other hand, was smiling from ear to ear because after all these years, he had finally found his soulmate. He couldn't believe that he almost didn't come to the party due to a bad feeling, he was ecstatic that he showed up.

Haechan was about to speak when a loud shriek came from behind him and when he turned to look, he watched Jisung struggle to bring Chenle up the stairs. Haechan narrowed his eyes at the scene but then rolled his eyes when Chenle looked over at him with a goofy smile.

"Haechannie~ We found you!" Chenle slurred. He struggled to get out of Jisung's grip but when Jisung finally let him go, he ran towards Haechan as best as he could. He threw himself into Haechan's arms causing him to stumble back and land in Jaehyun's arms.

Mark watched the scene unfold, he found himself balling his fists when he watched Chenle wrap his arms around Haechan's neck and Jaehyun hold Haechan in place by his waist. Mark wanted nothing more but to rip Haechan away from both of their grips but he bit his lip and stayed still.

"Haechan, we have a problem!" Taeil popped up from the stairs and managed to trip on the last step. He ended up doing a somersault on the ground, Chenle bursted out into fits of laughter at the sight and ran back over to Jisung to hold his hand.

Chenle really loved to be clingy to all the people he loved when he was drunk. He was a very affectionate person when he was drunk, sometimes he would be so overwhelmed by emotions that he would cry and others he would be so overwhelmed by emotions that he would cling to you for hours.

"I think I broke my neck." Taeil whispered as he held his neck tightly.

"He's exaggerating, Haechannie~ He always exaggerates when he's wasted." Chenle slurred.

"I'm more sober than you are!!" Taeil blurted out.

"You're spouting nonsense." Chenle scoffed. "You just did a whole somersault on the ground, you can't prove me wrong." Chenle added.

"You fell down the stairs and nearly took Jisung with you." Taeil retorted.

"Stop arguing about who's more drunk!" An out of breath Doyoung shouted as he jogged up the stairs.

"We haven't even been here for an hour." Haechan sighed.

Mark was paying no attention to the scene in front of him and instead he was glaring at Jaehyun's hands which were still on Haechan's waist. Jaehyun wasn't aware that his hands were still on Haechan's waist but Mark couldn't think of anything else.

"Johnny isn't here, he had to go deal with something. I don't know what it is, he never told me but now we're here." Chenle slurred.

Haechan looked at Chenle with a confused expression, he wasn't sure why this information was important to him.

"Renjun and Jungwoo are drunk out of their minds." Taeil added.

Haechan's eyes went wide but then he groaned in annoyance after realizing how much of a nuisance those two could be when intoxicated. He tried to head for the stairs but felt a pair of hands holding him back and he finally looked down at the hands that were still holding on to him. He blushed furiously at the thought that Jaehyun had been holding on to him this entire time and he hadn't noticed.

"Um, y-your hands." Haechan stuttered. The intoxicated Jaehyun looked down at his hands and furrowed his eyebrows when he saw that they were pressed tightly on both sides of Haechan's waist.

"Oh, sorry. I had no idea." Jaehyun replied as he removed his hands from Haechan's waist.

"You're going to have to call Taeyongie~" Chenle giggled at the thought of his hyung.

"Yeah, I know." Haechan sighed as he pulled out his phone. "We're going to get in a lot of trouble for this." He added.

Chenle giggled and leaned his body against Jisung, who was currently blushing because of all the eyes that were on his and Chenle's intertwined hands.

Yuta, Winwin and Jaehyun just watched the scene in front of them quietly. They watched Doyoung and Taeil talk about how Taeil was really drunk but in denial of how drunk he really was. They watched Jisung and Chenle look at each other so lovingly as they talked about how much trouble Chenle and his friends would get into.

Mark watched Haechan talk to someone on the phone and although he didn't know what they were talking about, he knew Haechan was getting lectured. Haechan would pout once he had responded to the person on the other line and Mark would smile slightly at the cute pout on Haechan's lips.

Yuta, Winwin and Jaehyun watched Mark look at Haechan with the smallest smile and such fondness in his eyes.

"They look happy." Jaehyun whispered so silently that nobody had heard him.

He wondered how much longer he would have to wait until he found his soulmate. He watched all of his friends find the love of their lives and fall in love. He waited patiently for many years but he still hadn't had any luck in finding his one and only.

"I'm going to go jump off the roof again." Jaehyun sighed. Winwin was the only person that had heard him but he didn't even question the statement, he just assumed that Jaehyun was still very drunk.

...

"Taeyong hyung said that he's on his way so we should find Renjun and Jungwoo." Haechan informed Chenle and Taeil.

"Injunie and Junguwu! I look for Injunie~" Chenle smiled brightly and dragged Jisung away with him.

"We'll look for Junguwu!" Taeil announced as he walked away with Doyoung.

"They didn't even let me finish." Haechan mumbled. He had forgotten about the people he had been talking to before his friends showed up and walked downstairs insearch of Renjun. Haechan had forgotten that he had just met his soulmate, he was much more focused on finding Renjun and Jungwoo.

Renjun and Jungwoo were more important than his soulmate, they were his family so when he looked back at this moment tomorrow, he wouldn't regret walking away.

...

"It looks like you finally found your soulmate." Winwin smirked.

A dazed Mark snapped out of his thoughts and his facial expression darkened after realizing what had just happened.

"Now you have to decide whether you want to walk away from the one person who could make you truly happy or give him an opportunity to change your opinion on soulmates." Yuta commented. He patted Mark on the back and walked away with his soulmate to let the younger ponder on his words.

"I'm going to walk away from the only person who can leave completely broken and utterly miserable." Mark told himself

B.

How's the story so far?
I was on a writing streak this week and realized that this book is going to be much longer than I had planned for it to be. Hope you don't mind.