chapter fifteen.

🌆

"Have any of you seen Ten?" Xiaojun asked. He had been searching for Ten all day and hadn't been able to find him.

"No, he's been missing a lot recently." Winwin added.

"Yeah, he's been hanging out a lot with Johnny's friends ever since he met them." Yangyang commented.

"What is up with him? He's been acting weird lately." Xiaojun voiced his thoughts.

He walked over to Yangyang and sat next to him on the couch. The younger was scrolling through youtube when his boyfriend showed up, asking for attention. Xiaojun placed a kiss on Yangyang's cheek, making the younger blush. Winwin saw this and decided to escape the room before he witnessed anything else.

"Have you seen Hendery then?" Xiaojun asked.

"He went out with Yukhei a few hours ago." Yangyang answered obediently.

"Good, that means he'll be back soon." Xiaojun whispered into Yangyang's ear causing him to stiffen.

"Why do you think Ten's been hanging out with Johnny's friends so much?" Xiaojun asked. His mood making a complete 180, from sensual teasing to genuinely curious.

"I-I'm not sure. Maybe they're fun." Yangyang mumbled.

Xiaojun pondered on his question and began to wonder if Ten was hiding something from them. Yangyang went back to watching dance videos on youtube, completely ignoring the person next to him.

"I don't know why but I feel like Ten is hiding something from us" Xiaojun voiced.

Yangyang was so immersed in the dance practice that he hadn't heard his boyfriend's thoughts but someone else had.

"You're overthinking, babe." Hendery grinned.

"I hope I am." Xiaojun smiled and hopped off the couch. He walked over to Hendery and gave him a tight hug.

"What are we talking about?" Lucas asked as he walked into the room.

"Xiaojun thinks Ten is hiding something because he's been hanging out with Johnny's friends a lot when in reality he's probably just making new friends. I mean they are his soulmate's childhood friends so they kind of have to get along." Yangyang responded.

"But he's been acting strange and he's almost never home. We have an assignment for our vocal class that's due tomorrow and he's been avoiding me all week. It just doesn't make sense." Xiaojun specified.

"If you need him, you can just go to that library by campus. Neo's bookstore." Lucas informed.

"It's Neo City Bookstore." Hendery corrected.

"Yeah, that place. He goes there all the time." Lucas beamed.

"We really need to get this assignment done so that I don't fail. I'm going to go get him. Want to come?" Xiaojun offered. They all agreed.

🌆

They stood in front of the bookstore and by the looks of it, the place seemed to be empty.

"Is it closed?" Hendery wondered.

Lucas walked up to the door and pushed it open, the sound of the bell resonating through the bookstore.

"Just a moment! I'll be right with you!" A kind and soft voice came from around the back of the store.

A short guy walked towards the counter with such a warm smile. It was very welcoming and three of them were thrown off by the smile. They seemed to have forgotten why they had come to the bookstore in the first place.