the truth.

TW: speaking of past trauma:

sexual harassment & assault.

your pov:

kirari finally speaks outs. "i brought you both here, well saotome to here to inform her about the election."
"... what about the election?" i ask intrigued and slightly anxious.

"mm, well then L/N, i doubt its any of your concern, but if saotome is alright with that." kirari replied.

"fine by me." mary said with a straight face.
she's obviously trying to play confident and not cower at their intimidation.

classic mary.

"alright, let's begin shall we?" 
we all nod.
"sachiko..." kirari smirks and lets sachiko talk. "it's simple, saotome. pardon, i should say mary. i mean, we do know eachother on close terms, hm?" sachiko develops a devil smile just staring straight into marys eyes.

what the hell is with this girl.

mary shook her head to keep calm and spoke. "call me saotome."
sachiko's smile quickly faded.

"......"

silence filled  the room for what felt like forever, but in reality was probably 30 seconds.

"ok, saotome, two things. your gambling partner will be replaced with me-"

WHAT.
WHAT? WHAT?! hell no.
i'm getting pissed off while mary remains calm. smart of her i can admit.

"-or you pay me back that debt youve owed me ever since graduation."

DEBT? FUCKING DEBT?
mary didn't even mention owing debt to anyone, ESPECIALLY sachiko of all people. her ex.
mary looks down, clearly upset. she runs her fingers through her soft hair.

"i'll pay you back." she replies with a sigh.

"do you mind paying it back right now?"

"....i-.." mary looks at me. i see that look in her eyes.
she's scared, i need to help her. now.

without taking up anymore time i'm tired of this bullshit. "we'll have the money, just not right now. there's an election happening too, you know?" i take a deep breath to stay calm. mary noticed my hands shaking while i was talking and put her hand on my inner thigh to help me calm down.
these people scare me, bad.

"please give us a little more time." i say, genuinely.

"of course!" sachiko says smiling.

huh?. of course? werent you just trying to- you know what- nevermind. this bitch is crazy.

"but how will you transfer me the money?" she adds.

huh? my wallet? duh.
i pull out my wallet from my pocket and place it on the desk. "here. just for show, of course, but this will hold the money. i'll keep it to collect the debt."

little does she know, my wallet only has a couple 1000 yen in it as i'm still an housepet to mary- but it's all the money savings i have.

mary sighs with relief. she puts her hand on my thigh and rubs gently with her thumb. i look up at her and she gives me a cute smile.
the room suddenly gets really hot and i'm pretty sure i'm blushing at this point, but i manage to form a awkward smile in return.

i look into her eyes and wow.
she's so beautiful.

I NEED TO RELAX. i need to focus, damn.
mary lets go of my thigh and lays back in the couch putting her arms behind her head. "what do y'all want now?" she says, pretending to yawn.