no longer alone

your pov:

"last year i had trouble making friends.. i did make a few good ones, but the girl who stuck with me from the start, tsuzura. she no longer goes here."
i sit up on the bed and raise my eyebrows in interest to the story.

"i loved her, i loved tsuzura."
i gulp, my eyes grow empty.
i see mary clench her fist.
"now she's gone. like every other bitch in my damned life."
my eyes fill back up again.
"wait- what happened between you two?" i blurt out.

"hm?" mary loosens her grip on her fist and meets eye contact with me, it startled me at first but i gain confidence.
she has piercing yellow eyes, it's intimidating.

"you called her a bitch? did y'all end on bad terms or something?"
"oh. in a way. but she also got driven out of the academy due to sachiko's bitchy doing."
i look down and rest my chin on my hand.
mary tilts her head like a puppy, but realizes what i want. she rolls her eyes and sighs.
"Fine. i guess i'll give more detail... nosey prick." she mumbles under her breath.

"i helped her get out of the housepet stage, but she couldn't stay out of debt, sachiko eventually put her on a life plan and is forced to live with her now husband... that was sachiko's part of it."

she continues.

"but the only reason she was in that position a second time was because she went in a gamble behind my back against sachiko and lost. it was for ten million yen what the fuck was the thinking?! and of course sachiko gave her a second chance with a side bet of her orders. it pisses me off how gullible and unreliable she was, now looking back on it."

i lift my chin off my hand.
"what if she was doing that to try to help you... like we're y'all in debt or something?"
"yes. we needed to pay our gambling dens fee and salary for the members."
i snap my fingers.

"then bam. that's why, she just wanted to help y-"
mary slams her hands and sits up to face me.
"I DONT CARE. WHY DIDNT SHE TELL ME?! I COULDVE HELPED I COULDVE..—" mary shakes her head. "—i couldve fucking saved her. she just left me. like that."

"i loved, i love her but why? why, didn't she just ask me for help.. now i have no one." mary is facing down, i cant see her face, only her bangs in her face, still dripping wet.

i put my hand on marys thigh gently.
"it's ok. we will win this election, saotome."
"mch" mary looked up slightly, enough to reveal a slight smile. "i'll make them pay."
i see her smile grow really big. i let go of her thigh and scoot back.
"you scare me sometimes, blondy ." i say leaning back.

"but just what are you planning?" i smile back.

**it's now wednesday**
saotome and l/n are no where to be seen by sachiko and absent.

[thursday: absent]

**at home during school hours**
"jeez i'm beat, i wanna sleep in.." i yawn stretching my arms out.
"do you really think this will work?"

"it's a gamble how would i know? but i have my ways." she smirks texting someone or typing something on her phone, meanwhile leaning back on her chair.
i lay down on the couch and sigh, closing my eyes.

[mumbled noises]

[pitch black]

[loud breathing, eye twitching]

suddenly i can see again and i notice myself in my house, except not on the couch... i'm on my bed.. and there's lingerie on the ground?..
i look around and suddenly feel hands untying my uniform. when i look at the girl, her face is... blurry?.. she has blondish hair and a slim body, soft hands, but no face?
she continues to untie my clothes until i notice a girl.. same blurry face, but this time with pink hair, high ponytail, walking towards me angrily, she pulls the blonde off me and starts arguing.
i cant hear anything but mumbling.
[everything goes silent]

[mumbling stops]

[i see light again and open my eyes]

oh it was just a dream. i wipe my eyes and see mary ahead of me with one eyebrow raised and my kitchen apron on. "did you hear anything i just said?" she said in a snobby tone.

"sorry.. i guess i fell asleep." mary rolls her eyes and hands me a plate filled with good looking food. "here's your lunch."
"oh you didn't have to make me-" "hush. you always make me meals." mary cuts me off and insists.

i smile and eat.
**after eating lunch**
we then watch tv together on my bed.
we're about a pillow length apart, but i can still feel her body heat underneath the covers.
i blush slightly.
"it's getting kinda hot in here don't you think? should i turn the AC up?" i suggest.
she turns to face me in the bed.
"is it? i didn't notice" mary says smirking.
"what are you smiling about?"
"two things. she puts her two fingers infront of my face. one. how good this plan will workout, and two, how close we've become after hating eachother." mary says flicking me on the forehead. "i'm not alone anymore." she smiles once again.
i feel my face get warmer.
"yeah. you aren't." mary looks up at me, then down at my lips.
i feel butterflies go over me. "D-dude what's your problem? quit staring weirdo." i say scooting away.
mary laughs and starts teasing me about my face when she did that, but i just doze off and close my eyes, in the comfort of her presence.
for some reason when i'm with mary, i feel very calm and comfortable, i mean working and living with someone must make this feeling happen to anyone so it's not BECAUSE it's mary..but i am glad it happens to be her, i guess.
i smile as i fall back asleep.

**authors note**
sorry if this is bad i am not on my adhd meds rn and i'm tired as hell💀💀 but hey i needed to get a chapter out this week for you guys. ily!!